Suite Vs Mini-Suite

ruetundra

I am confused. Besides the size of the room, what are the benefits of upgrading to a Suite?

Better service?

Better deck with more space and chairs?

Certain lounge that only suite passengers can access like on RCL?

Can someone please explain? and also can the suite make the queen bed into the twins beds?

I will be on the Golden and currently have a mini-suite on the dolphin deck and I would think the aft cabins would be noisy and more movement.

Thanks

From Princess's website:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na687

6/3/2004

Princess Suites Get Sweeter with New Amenities

New Extras for Suite Passengers Include Free Laundry and Internet Access, Expedited Embarkation

Passengers who choose to enjoy their Princess cruise from the luxury of its vessels' most exclusive accommodations will find even more value added to their experience as the line introduces new suite amenities.

Now suite passengers can take advantage of complimentary internet access, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing. On formal nights they'll receive a complimentary corsage and boutonniere to add some dash to their special attire. They can schedule a private portrait sitting with Princess' onboard photographers or enjoy afternoon tea served in the privacy of their own suite. In addition, suite passengers will enjoy expedited cruise embarkation and early disembarkation in all tender ports, with full privileges in the ship's Platinum disembarkation lounge.

"These new extras will add an even more luxurious touch to our top-quality suite accommodations," said Rai Caluori, Princess' senior vice president of hotel operations. "Many people don't realize that Princess ships offer more suite accommodations than most luxury lines combined, and that our prices offer spacious suites at the price of a much smaller cabin on many luxury lines -- making Princess a great choice for a top-of-the-line vacation."

These new services and amenities join an array of special features already enjoyed by Princess' suite passengers. In their staterooms they'll find luxurious bathrobes and towels, and complimentary slippers. Exclusive toiletries, fresh flower arrangements, and complimentary fine liquors and soft drinks in the mini-bar are just some of the extras suite passengers enjoy on Princess ships. Deluxe canapés are delivered daily, and passengers can now choose their favorites from a variety of hors d'oeuvres. And they'll find that turndown service includes extra touches on formal evenings.

Princess service is especially evident in suite accommodations. Passengers don't even need to worry about packing and unpacking, as they can request assistance from their dedicated suite steward. Reservations are a snap with preferred Anytime Dining reservations and personal shore excursion reservations. Guests can also choose from an extended room service menu, with extra options for breakfast and any of the day's dining room selections for lunch and dinner.

Naturally, suite passengers also enjoy some of the finest accommodations at sea. Newer ships feature an array of special facilities from marbled bathrooms to hot tubs on the balcony. Many suites also include such luxurious features as fireplaces, dining rooms, wet bars and computer stations.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE: CCL and CUK), its current fleet of 11 ships sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the globe, calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006 a further four ships will be introduced. Additional information is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.

- And Yes, on the queen bed.

- Plus the jacuzzi tub and shower are seperate, and in a different room from the sink & toilet.

- Not only more space and chairs on the balcony - WOOD FURNITURE with THICK CUSHIONS. Not plastic furniture. Two full size loungers, two cocktail tables, a full size dining table and four full size chairs.

Check out this website for full list of perks:

http://home.comcast.net/~w.coleman43/perks.html

While the suite is great as are the perks (I had a lucky visit by the upgrade fairly) I do not feel it's worth spending that kind of money. I love the minis and even though you don't get the perks, the room is very spacious, with large closet, sitting area, two tv's and a wonderful bath tub. I'd rather go on an additiona cruise than spend the money on a suite. Unless you have several people along. Then it might make sense. But for 2 people, the mini is great.

I agree with lynda...don't get me wrong...the suites are *awesome* but at this stage in our life, I'm not ready to spend that kind of $$$$$ for a suite vs a mini. Unless I could get a great deal (or get upgraded again...I surely wouldn't turn that down ;) )

Just this month on the Sapphire I was upgraded to a PS Suite and I agree with the above and that I would not spend the extra money for a suite. The mini's are fabulous. Also not all suites have jacuzzi's Ours did not. Also the toilet, sink, bathtub and shower were all in one room. I think it depends on the suite. On the Sapphire there is 5 different range of suites. There is the grand, the owner, the Preium suite, Penthouse Suite and the Vista. Granted we had a fabulous time on the suite and was glad to be upgraded but would never buy one in my opinion. Keep your mini-suite. You will love it. Byh the Sapphire mini-suite does have two t.v. One of our CC'ers was in one and it was great.

Marilyn

Sally and I have been on two previous cruises on Celebrity and had a Sky Suite each time -- huge cabin and a veranda that was over 150sqft! It had all the amenities of the Suite on the Princess ships plus a A Butler ( in addition to stewards ). needless to say we were pampered -- and loved it. We go on one cruise a year ( unfortunately missed this year ) so we like to splurge. We love the perks and the room and the balcony and the attention. We have booked Suite C749 on the Sea Princess 14 day Grand Islander for Nov 2005.

Well we went for the upgrade the TA offered at 240.00 (80.00 per person). We were already in a mini-suite for 3 people. This will be a once in a lifetime experience for my sister plus this is her first cruise.

Thanks!!

Well we went for the upgrade the TA offered at 240.00 (80.00 per person). We were already in a mini-suite for 3 people. This will be a once in a lifetime experience for my sister plus this is her first cruise.

Thanks!!

Details please!! What cruise, etc.... That is a GREAT price for upgrade from mini to full, and a no brainer.

Judy

just returned from caribbean princess...st. john suite. the only negative was the fact that it is a very large ship and it is a LONG walk to the aft of the ship which we found ourselves doing often. the balcony is just wonderful...very large wrap around with amazing views and the furniture is great. we had high tea seved there as well as breakfast on several days and it was wonderful. we watched the sunset from there one night as we pulled out from san juan and it was nothing short of spectacular. the bathroom is great...all marbel with a separate glass enclose frameless shower and jetted tub. if walking long distances is not a problem you will love this suite.

Archived