Mariner letter from HAL after first cruise?

kayden

I went on a recent cruise with my mom (our first cruise and it was with HAL) and my mom received a letter regarding our Mariner #'s and the opportunity to receive on board credits if we book our next cruise by next month.

The strange thing is, I was the main person who booked and registered our cruise and only she received the letter. I don't know why? Does each person receive a letter or not?

Also, the survey they sent for a draw for a cruise to Hawaii was quite old - the options for interest on future cruises only lists 2007 and 2008 on it. What happened to 2009 here folks? haha

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else received a similar letter and if they just crossed out 2007 and put 2009 in the section instead?

On our first HAL cruise our son was a pre-teen. For some reason HAL decided that he was the head of the family and all of their mariner literature was addressed to him. His first name starts with a "B" which is more forward in the alphabet than my name or my DH's name -- possibly that is how HAL determined to do that?

Do you live with Mum/share the same address? We've been getting those letters for a while now - just received one last week from last month' Eurodam cruise. It has both our names and Mariner #s on same. I would contact HAL Seattle and ask for clarification

My daughter and I have two separate addresses, and she got that letter and I did not. I was the main booking person too. We had booked another cruise while on board, so I sent the letter to my travel agent. She did get us $100 each on board credit as we did book before the deadline. As for the Mariner department, they have no clue what is going on. My TA checked with them to make sure our addresses were correct. They were but they had me missing well over 400 days with Hal. Some were old cruises but some as recently as Jan 08 were not in my mariner history. I am working with them now trying to get my records updated. They are clueless and I am NOT surprised that they have the wrong date . As with most Hal departments, the RIGHT HAND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE LEFT HAND IS DOING!!!!!!!!! Wake uo Hal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We never got a letter with Mariner numbers after our first cruise and when we booked this year, they didn't even have a record of our having cruised with them before. It is amazing how their record keeping leaves a lot to be desired when they have such great ships.

Wow, so many others in the same boat. I may include a short note on the survey form to point out the fact that their form is a little outdated - if they don't notice it themselves when I cross out 2007!

And I live at a different address than my mom - so I am stumped there. I guess in the end it's better to have received the letter than not.

I went on a recent cruise with my mom (our first cruise and it was with HAL) and my mom received a letter regarding our Mariner #'s and the opportunity to receive on board credits if we book our next cruise by next month.

The strange thing is, I was the main person who booked and registered our cruise and only she received the letter. I don't know why? Does each person receive a letter or not?

Also, the survey they sent for a draw for a cruise to Hawaii was quite old - the options for interest on future cruises only lists 2007 and 2008 on it. What happened to 2009 here folks? haha

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else received a similar letter and if they just crossed out 2007 and put 2009 in the section instead?

If mom paid ?,....maybe she was the main contact...

On our first HAL cruise our son was a pre-teen. For some reason HAL decided that he was the head of the family and all of their mariner literature was addressed to him. His first name starts with a "B" which is more forward in the alphabet than my name or my DH's name -- possibly that is how HAL determined to do that?

This happened to us, too. Our son was in 8th grade and all HAL mail was addressed to him. Both dh and my name's come before his alphabetically so we were surprised that he received mail. I told HAL about it when we booked our next cruise and they proceeded to give each family member their own mariner number.

Archived