JUST BACK! Explorer to Bermuda 08.09.08

MrPete

• 1 year later...
So, the ride to and from Hamilton was quite relaxing, loving looking for all those special looking houses.

Upon returning to the ship, it was announced that the Dockyard Festival was being cancelled for the evening, but there would be entertainment in the show lounge. Seems that after that glorious afternoon of sunshine more rain was on the way.

We went to the show, which included a phenomenal juggler. Afterward, we went out to Dockside for a stroll, to check out the party at Snorkle Park, and to get a rival night picture of the ship from last year, facing the opposite way.

2007:

DSC02155.jpg

Well, we couldn't have been farther away from the ship at Snorkle Park when the heavens opened up. We RAN back to the ship, soaked, and never got my 2008 shot. :(

It was still raining when the "deck party" started. Pretty disappointed in the offerings. I was beginning to realize this is where they were scaling back A LOT. The buffets.

Enjoyed the light show from the passing storms before finally calling it a night. We wanted to get up early the next morning to get back to Horseshoe, or make it over to St. George.

What a beautiful picture!! I was in Bermuda in June on Celebrity Summit, was a wonderful ship, but I love the Explorer!

• 6 years later...
On 8/25/2012 at 11:11 AM, cruizefam said:

What a beautiful picture!! I was in Bermuda in June on Celebrity Summit, was a wonderful ship, but I love the Explorer!

We just did our first Celebrity cruise to Bermuda.  Anyway to get back there.

F8B558EF-7BA2-4C6F-BFDD-A8E8DEDB1054.jpeg

Edited by Lace