2009 past passenger credits

cruisealot54

Can anyone tell me if the new past passenger credit of $600 can be applied to currently booked cruises in 2009 or is this just for new bookings? Thanks

Don't know about the past passenger credit--how do I get that--looks good to me--is there a cerntain group such as Elite that get this credit--per person??>?>

Nancy:D

Can anyone tell me if the new past passenger credit of $600 can be applied to currently booked cruises in 2009 or is this just for new bookings? Thanks

Hope this isn't a second post--if so I'm sorry--Who/how??

I want mine--how were you notified of the credit????

Perhaps the OP is talking about the "Launch Savings" on summer, 2009 and beyond bookings? If so, the savings is only good on certain bookings and combine with Escape Fares, group fares & regional promos. If a lower fare pops up between booking time and your sail date, the discount is combinable with the lower fare.

It's all based on your Capt. Circle #, so make sure your TA has applied that to your booking. Then, your TA should be able to tell you if your particular sailing is one that the Launch Savings is good for and if you qualify for it.

The $600 savings is only good for balcony cabins on the Royal & TP European sailings and the Pacific's Alaska sailings. It expires Sept. 30, 2008 for summer, 2009 sailings and expires Dec. 31, 2008 for Fall 2009 & Spring 2010 sailings.

Perhaps the OP is talking about the "Launch Savings" on summer, 2009 and beyond bookings? If so, the savings is only good on certain bookings and combine with Escape Fares, group fares & regional promos. If a lower fare pops up between booking time and your sail date, the discount is combinable with the lower fare.

It's all based on your Capt. Circle #, so make sure your TA has applied that to your booking. Then, your TA should be able to tell you if your particular sailing is one that the Launch Savings is good for and if you qualify for it.

The $600 savings is only good for balcony cabins on the Royal & TP European sailings and the Pacific's Alaska sailings. It expires Sept. 30, 2008 for summer, 2009 sailings and expires Dec. 31, 2008 for Fall 2009 & Spring 2010 sailings.

Thanks for the info

Sure - the offer sounds great until you read the small print. ;)

you got that right!!!!! Really--what else is new !!!

None of the flyers that are mailed to us seem to work--either we don't want whats offered--or if it looks pretty good==we've already booked--and this is for new bookings--or a balcony and I want a mini

Thanks again

See I did not read the small print. I have a balcony book for Panama and thought another $600 off would be nice. Someone had told me it was only for new bookings and that I could cancel and rebook. That is not an option since I booked a 1 years ago so that I could be a certain cabin placement. I am not willing to lose my cabin for $600 (plus everthing appears to be waitlisted on the cabins I'd want). I should have know that there is always a "catch"

How about the new Captain Circle incentives that just came out. Maybe that's what the OP is asking. I don't have the flyer available right now, but htey talked about a $600.00 savings.:confused:

This is the new Captain's Circle incentive. They're called "Launch Savings". See my post below.

In the fine print it say "UP TO" $600. It depends on the cruise and the cabin. We got $100 per person off a Transatlantic cruise with the Launch Savings. That was combined with the $150pp cabin credit for using an FCC and the cabin credit the TA gave us.

Yep, it's one you really need to read that fine print. For awhile, even most TA's didn't understand what they were offering, and Princess wasn't offering a lot of explanations either.

It sounds great in the email and adds, until you see it only applies to a few sailings on certain ships.

It was exciting for awhile, thought we could save a lot of $$$'s, but alas, it was no where near what we thought. :(

• 3 months later...

My online TA didn't know about the Launch Savings and because when making an online reservation there is no way to ask for it, it had to be requested after the reservation for Nov. 2009 cruise was made. As a result, to save $100 for the two of us it cost us $35 to change the reservation and many emails of arguing about this process (the rep called me "deceptive" for requesting the fee be rescinded). So much for using discount xxx.smart****** as our TA--terrible customer service!

Archived