Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

When I booked our obstructed view stateroom on the Princess Star I was very curious about just how much (if any) view we would have. I was very pleased with the view from our room and I thought I would share a couple of pics.

P1000187.jpg

P1000188.jpg

Our room was Category HH (one of the least expensive outside categories) and described as being "partially or fully obstructed". We were on the Emerald deck and our cabin was E211 (E212 on the other side of the ship would probably have the same view.)

As far as the stateroom itself, I thought the layout was the second best we have had on any of our previous cruises - Disney has very large rooms with two bathrooms per standard stateroom. Our stateroom on the Star had plenty of closet/storage space right outside the bathroom which created a nice dressing area.

we are sailing on the Golden under G guranteed with partial obstruction at the front of the ship, but got upgraded ? to f level with a fullly opsbructed view but in the middle of the ship E612--oh well

Hi we are booked on a cruise in October in E705 I can see from your photo that you had some natural light could you tell me what the view,if any, was out of the window was it fully obstructed as described

Thanks in advance

Grant

Grant - did you take any pictures from this cabin?? What was actually outside the window?? Thanks...my friends will be in this cabin and trying to figure it out!

I told my travel agent I would research the obstruction outside of E706, on the Crown Princess. Right below the view out our window was the self explanatory answer to the mysterious boxes to the aft of the lifeboat deck. I assume the middle deck boxes are the same but I cannot confirm it. They are a combination escape slide and inflatable liferaft system. Here is the pictogram instructions.

50992731_Arkliferaftsystem.jpg.e43eb4997ba626be0f70c57e23cf1bd7.jpg

Edited by snorklefan 2011

I told my travel agent I would research the obstruction outside of E706, on the Crown Princess. Right below the view out our window was the self explanatory answer to the mysterious boxes to the aft of the lifeboat deck. I assume the middle deck boxes are the same but I cannot confirm it. They are a combination escape slide and inflatable liferaft system. Here is the pictogram instructions.

About your cabin....was there a view out the window...or is it wires??? can you see through them, or is there a box around the wires. It seems no one can really answer. I believe the Crown and Emerald are the same layout. It seems like you are saying that you can see out...but nmot down?? Thanks

I forgot to mention what a great cabin this was. It seemed like it was close to everything & no annoying noises. We loved it. Here is a view of what is out the window. This was during a drill they did at one of the ports. We loved this cabin so much we booked the same one on a sister ship (Ruby) for our cruise this coming November.

Tona*

PB230405.jpg.3a03971cbd89f5f651908051ee7b08ba.jpg

You could see over and around the liferaft shelter. It is a solid stucture, about 3 foot outside of the window. The last pics are straight out the window from across the room, then looking forward standing or seated right at the window. There were no wires looking forward. It really wasn't a bad view, but straight out from the room, YUCK

1141577047_thebox.jpg.89c01b83aeb0a11ed65cece11f51fca2.jpg

916154372_theboxfurtherright.jpg.a5e86e4d8f2d0be53ee19580a19cb8ae.jpg

1097315184_theboxfurtherright2.jpg.6b11c2c1d64021d487bcad9973960448.jpg

You could see over and around the liferaft shelter. It is a solid stucture, about 3 foot outside of the window. The last pics are straight out the window from across the room, then looking forward standing or seated right at the window. There were no wires looking forward. It really wasn't a bad view, but straight out from the room, YUCK

Thanks for the great pictures. It is interesting as these cabins are shown in obstructed view catagory, but when you pull up these cabin numbers they do not show obstructed! I even called Princess and they said there are just a few wires....would you believe they even called the engineering division that has the blueprints...and they said just wires. I got an idea that there was a problem when I saw pictures someone took of the ship in port.

These boards are so fantastic...and I can't thank you enough for the pictures. Now it is decision time..we figured on a TA we would just need light:confused:

Does anyone have a picture of how obstructed the view is from room E324 on the Crown? This thread has been great and I think I read almost all the posts, but didn't see one for the room we will be in. Thanks! If nothing is out there, I'll post a pic when we return!

This was our cabin on last years cruise, Crown Princess E510. Looking out the window from across the cabin you would see the upper rear end of a stowed tender. Looking forward over the stowed tender you could see shore. If the tender is lowered the view greatly improves of course. I can't remember the specifics of the third picture but I think it was with the forward tender "out to" sea, tendering. Last photo is the tender just aft of the cabin being raised into stowage, lots of cables.

2001179286_outthewindow.jpg.d17226d6e0f9efbb43e46bc1897e3dc5.jpg

1412756461_viewovertender.jpg.000fb4f0e75ed7d3ee09d73794dd2768.jpg

PICT0134.jpg.c6452990f12dba2547624425dfe1d45e.jpg

143567855_retrievingatender.jpg.96df3c33bc3a95edc442fcf5e951bfb6.jpg

Cruisers need to remember that there are at least 2 different styles of tenders/lifeboats on the Crown Princess. Some have a pilot house near midship of the vessel and others have the pilot house near the rear. The tender right outside of E510 was a smaller rear pilot house ship. The obstruction views will be different for either style. The deck plans in the brochure we had showed two distinctly different outlines for the cabins "obstructions".

I looked over the Crown Princess brochure today and noticed that there were still balcony cabins behind these two listed cabins. The view forward from E706 had no outside obstructions looking forward for 6 cabins. The balcony cabins start only 3 cabins aft of E708. The aft views will probably be limited to more like the second picture I posted on 2/20/11 because of the balcony walls. I found this picture on the net to demonstrate what I'm saying.

1082197991_liferaftstructurefromrearqurtr.jpg.ee64a78e5ce15a4d1e1329c341ca5f15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure I know how to post a pix - but just got off the Star - had OV E222 and would definitely book it again. Our friends had E220 and E221 and they had great views also. The only issue was the crew worked bright and early on the life boats outside our windows - so some noise and motion outside the windows....but cold weather didn't necessitate a balcony, and we still had a good view. I will try to post the pic....

P1010154.jpg.c99e57821c027314c3bddd392101d29f.jpg

P1010155.jpg.8782808fdc178d80b1bebd531e105722.jpg

P1010156.jpg.144de26189a6b97d7a54b5383b25c9d8.jpg