Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

I just checked the Emerald Princess deck plans and it does show the location of those big white boxes outside of E407, 408, 409 and 410. Also aft E705, 706, 707 and 708. The locations should be the same on the Crown and the Ruby Princess. Hope this info helps.

It shows the big white box on the princess ship diagram for the Crown and Emerald but it doesn't for the Ruby. So does that mean it isn't on the Ruby??? Does anyone have a pic or know for sure as I'm booked in E410 on the RUBY in june and will change cabins if this is the case.

THANKS

I just checked the Emerald Princess deck plans and it does show the location of those big white boxes outside of E407, 408, 409 and 410. Also aft E705, 706, 707 and 708. The locations should be the same on the Crown and the Ruby Princess. Hope this info helps.

Thanks I checked with my TA he confirmed yes it is right outside E410 my cabin so thanks to everyone who made me aware I have switched cabins.:oHere's hoping the new one is better.

I have just discovered, after many hours of Googling for photos of CB Princess, that Flickr has many high quality, high resolution photos. Most can be enlarged, enabling you to see close up shots of those hidden areas like the "fully obstructed" cabin windows behind lifeboats that are actually very visible from outside the ship....

For anyone thinking about E415 or E19 on the Emerald....book it...virtually no obstructions...great views...sorry :o no pics, but I would not hesitate to book either again...just came off the Emerald & we had E415 & my mom had E419.

now I would love some info. or pics for stateroom E620 or E702 on the Star Princess if anyone out there has some....Thanks in advance ;)

It shows the big white box on the princess ship diagram for the Crown and Emerald but it doesn't for the Ruby. So does that mean it isn't on the Ruby??? Does anyone have a pic or know for sure as I'm booked in E410 on the RUBY in june and will change cabins if this is the case.

THANKS

We did a TA in October on Ruby and were in 414 - fantastic unobstructed view. But 408, 410, 497 and 409 have the dreaded big white box. You'll get light but see nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

My DD's had E701 obstructed oceanview on the Crown this past week. I don't have pictures but there had NOTHING in front of the picture window. If you looked to the far right a couple of cabins away from E701 you could see a white metal wall but NOTHING in front of E701.. They paid for an obstructed cabin but got a oceanview cabin. Highly recommend this cabin.

THANKS

We were in E414 - unobstructed. But 408, 410, 407 and 409 have the big white boxes.

Edited by tothemall&beyond

This is a view out the window of Emerald 228/Caribbean Princess

Thanks for the picture. It looks like you get alot of light and a view. I have a choice of E228 or E230 the cabin next to it.

Do you think E230 would have the same view? Did you like the cabin?

Thanks for the picture. It looks like you get alot of light and a view. I have a choice of E228 or E230 the cabin next to it.

Do you think E230 would have the same view? Did you like the cabin?

I would expect E230 to be very similar. We loved the location. Very quick access to the theater, for the elevator or stairs up to the front of the ship (we frequent the gym and lotus spa pool). I love to walk outside on the Promenade deck, it's just one deck down. Also doesn't take long to get to the atrium area. Emerald deck offers a good value and good location. There is plenty of light and you can see what is going on outside.

We currently have cabin E228 which looks like it's between two lifeboats. Cabins E414 abd E418 are available but I'm concerned that they are right by the elevators. This is a holiday cruise and I'm wondering about the noise that might be in that area.

Which cabin would you choose?

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess E228. Did you take this cabin or switch? Did you take a picture of the view?

We currently have cabin E228 which looks like it's between two lifeboats. Cabins E414 abd E418 are available but I'm concerned that they are right by the elevators. This is a holiday cruise and I'm wondering about the noise that might be in that area.

Which cabin would you choose?

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess E228. Did you take this cabin or switch? Did you take a picture of the view?

We picked E228,and yes we took the picture. We didn't have any noise concerns...but we are not too sensitive to it. I think E228 is a good room. In fact on my Ruby Princess cruise last year I would have booked E228 again, but it wasn't available. Had E628 good view but not as good a location...that is for the things we like access to.

We picked E228,and yes we took the picture. We didn't have any noise concerns...but we are not too sensitive to it. I think E228 is a good room. In fact on my Ruby Princess cruise last year I would have booked E228 again, but it wasn't available. Had E628 good view but not as good a location...that is for the things we like access to.

If you go on the Crown, Emerald, or Ruby, and take a F obstructed view, my DD's had E701 on the Crown and they had NOTHING in front the window (paying for an obstructed view but getting an oceanview). From the Emerald deck plan, E701 looks like it is beside the stairs but it is a few doors away beside a fire door. I would have taken that cabin but that cabin looks like it has a lifeboat in front. The Caribbean Princess has a different deck plan than her sister ships.

We are on the Island Princess in E619. It appears fully obstructed from the deck plan. Does anyone know?

Not necessarily.

I found out from another thread that the deck plans for Coral and Island are not accurate like they are for other ships. I picked E516 because of the way that it looked on the plan, only to find out that there is a lifeboat in front of it. If you compare the deck plans to some photographs of the exterior of the ship, you will see that there aren't even the same number of lifeboats/tenders. I still haven't figured out a reliable way to tell what the views actually are.

Here's my post on the subject. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398364