Bacardi Rum plant tour

NL Cruisers

Don't book it, do it on your own. Take the ferry ($.50) from the cruise ship docks across the bay to Cantano. From there grab a taxi for the short ride (@$5) to the factory. Tour is free. Back the same way.

4PM would be too late for a tour. Believe that they end just about then.

Richard gave excellent advise. My wife & I were at the Wyndham Old San Juan and wanted to book a tour to Bacardi. BAM - $60.00 was a little to expensive. We walked across the street to the ferry terminal. The ticket salesperson advised us to ride the ferry. At the other end go up the walkway to the waiting cabs. The ride then was $3.00 per person. On the way back, they have you there, they charged $5.00 per person. The tour was great. Drinks afterwards was also delightful. Nice Gift Shop. There were cabs waiting to take you back.
The only tour we booked at the hotel with the Rain Forest and LaQuilla Beach. Worth the $$.

Have a Great Cruise.

dave

[quote name='Dave King']The ride then was $3.00 per person. On the way back, they have you there, they charged $5.00 per person.[/QUOTE] I don't think it is a matter of the fact that you are already there and they know they can get more money. I think it is more how many people are going at once. On our way there, it was $2 per person because the van was full. On the way back, it was just the two of us, and it was $3 each.

I also advocate taking the ferry and cab solution. One warning though is that it can turn this into a half-day trip, it is NOT fast. We had to wait quite a long time at the AcuaExpreso terminal in OSJ and then the ferry went to Hato Rey before Cataño. On the way back we had a bit of a wait in Cataño, then we went to Hato Rey, and then finally got back to OSJ.

The tour itself was entertaining, though. They demonstrate how to make a mojito, and there is a cool flashy movie to watch. You can also send a 10-second video e-card back home! (And yes, the two drinks at the end were awesome...plus the gift shop is very reasonably priced.)

Archived