Independence of the Seas - inter-connecting cabins

rannoch

My wife and I are considering a Med cruise in Sept 2009 on Independence of the Seas.

The problem is that the only cabins available with (hopefully) the right location (D1 Deck 10) are inter-connecting cabins.

Can anyone advise if there is likely to be any problems regarding noise (i.e. privacy - will we hear our neighbours talking, or them us), cabin security, or anything else we should be aware of before we book.

How does the room alter from a non inter-connecting cabin. i.e. do you lose any space/facilities because there is a door between cabins.

Any advise much appreciated as I have reserved a cabin for 24 hours, and need to give the travel agent a decision tomorrow.

Regards,

Rannoch

• 2 years later...
My wife and I are considering a Med cruise in Sept 2009 on Independence of the Seas.

The problem is that the only cabins available with (hopefully) the right location (D1 Deck 10) are inter-connecting cabins.

Can anyone advise if there is likely to be any problems regarding noise (i.e. privacy - will we hear our neighbours talking, or them us), cabin security, or anything else we should be aware of before we book.

How does the room alter from a non inter-connecting cabin. i.e. do you lose any space/facilities because there is a door between cabins.

Any advise much appreciated as I have reserved a cabin for 24 hours, and need to give the travel agent a decision tomorrow.

Regards,

Rannoch

Anyone been in a room with inter-connecting doors on IOTS? Any problems?

Thanks

Regards,

Rannoch

If the cruise your considering is Sept 2009 your late..:eek:

As for your question..I would never book a connecting cabin nor would I tell anyone else to..Possible noise and just the feeling of a lack of privacy real or not...Just the same reason I would noot book this kind of hotal room...The reason these are usually the last to be booked by most of us that book early should tell you something...Some might not have had any problem...but why take a chance..because it will be too late then..Keep checking yourself online and make sure the TA your using will do the same and make the change ASAP..If not book it yourself with RCI directly......Best of luck :)

BTW..Don't limit yourself to only deck #10 JMHO

Archived