Anyone Been on Air France?

message4u

Dog Mommie, Sorry you are having such issues. The AF flights I got were offered on the Delta website for Award tickets. Once I made the reservations, I went to the AF website and found the spot to bring up your reservation. I was able to get to my reservation using the ticket no. It is the long no., not the Delta confirmation # which is six figures long. I was then able to make my seat selection.

They do not assign seats in coach on their domestic flights until check-in. So if you were flying BCN to CDG no seat assignment until check in. I was able to make my seat selection for the trans-atlantic flight from CDG with no problem. I researched seats on www.seatguru.com to make my decision.

We have a 1 hr. 15 min. connection time through CDG on the return flight, which makes me nervous. However, we have an almost 4 hr layover in CDG coming in, so I hope to scope out the situation so we know what we are doing when we return.

There is also a website www.flyertalk.com which has a lot of frequent flyers writing in. If you post there about your issues with Delta, perhaps you'll get some more savvy input about how to handle your situation. Good luck.

THE WORST!!!!!!!

OK, maybe not the worst, but I just had an ABSOLUTELY HORRID experience with them, and I personally hope I never, ever, ever, ever have to use them again. I will say this: Their customer service not only in France but also here in the States is the absolute worst I have ever encountered with any company....EVER! No, I'm not kidding.

The short of it is we flew Continental to Paris & Air France from Paris to Montpellier in the South of France. My boyfriend actually watched from the plane as our luggage was wheeled up to the plane...and then wheeled away. We arrived in Montpellier...that's right...w/no luggage. Next flight in? 9 hours later. We were staying 1.5 hours away in a tiny village & I feared they would never find the house, so we chose to hang around the town & wait for the next plane. They treated us like garbage. Upon returning, I wrote to Air France explaining what happened, and really I just wanted to be compensated for our lunch and time at that point! They refused to do anything for us because we did not have an ITEMIZED receipt from the restaurant. Basically said, "Too bad." Bottom line is that there was NO reason it should've happened to begin with, but then to not even compensate your passengers in any way? OH...and we saved them a big hassle by not having to drive to a remote village!

Anyway, there are plenty of blogs about Air France.... Good luck.

hi there as above posters have given there opinions for and against any specific airline one would or should come to the conclusion that nowadays each an every airline has issues. we fly a lot and my theory is not a single airline today is concerened about your comfort or wanting you as a repeat passenger. the days when air travel was considered a luxurious experience or we were duped into thinking that are long gone. the airlines are all trying to keep their profits as high as possible, and while we travel relentlesly they will continue to cut back on any kind of customer service possible. i.e no more humans answering you only computers, buy tickets online, check in online, airport queues no problem check in at a terminal. coach seating is a joke i am not a tall person neither excess weight, find the seating restrictive, why ? airlines added a few more rows and now sit with my legs wrapped around my ears. as for the food they can keep it for one cant call it food. the cabin crew? i dont have a problem with them at all if they give me attitude have no qualms sorting them out. unfortunately as most areas in life Dont expect and you wont be dissapointed. i look for the cheapest tickets available because all i want to do is to get from a to b as all airlines are the same if you travel coach and yes i take food to eat on the longhaul flights have had numerous flights with food disasters. we have learned to avoid certain airlines and airports ( out of 12 flights through heathrow they managed to lose our luggage no less than 8 times ) needless to say heathrow is a shambles. back to your air france ?

as i related above if you got a good deal take it as there is nothing out there to replace it that would be more customer friendly. the cure for lousy airline service, just picture yourself going on a long bus ride through the desert with no frills and you will fly happily ever after.

Archived