Anyone Been on Air France?

message4u

We are flying Air France from Miami to Barcelona via Paris for our September cruise. I cannot reach them by phone with my questions...always a 30 minute hold, then I am disconnected. I was given the AF confirmation # by Celebrity (air booked thru Celebrity), but for some reason it doesn't let me in the site on line to check seats, ect.

I am wondering if they offer food (to purchase or free?), blankets, pillows, tv screens...have never been on such a long flight, and hope 10 hours on Air France is not too uncomfortable.

We are flying home with Ameican, and I have no trouble getting information from them and getting into their site with my confirmation #.

We are flying Air France from Miami to Barcelona via Paris for our September cruise. I cannot reach them by phone with my questions...always a 30 minute hold, then I am disconnected. I was given the AF confirmation # by Celebrity (air booked thru Celebrity), but for some reason it doesn't let me in the site on line to check seats, ect.

I am wondering if they offer food (to purchase or free?), blankets, pillows, tv screens...have never been on such a long flight, and hope 10 hours on Air France is not too uncomfortable.

We are flying home with Ameican, and I have no trouble getting information from them and getting into their site with my confirmation #.

been a while since we were on Air France but based on that experience we would not hesitate to fly with them again. We were apprehensive, given the rep the French have regarding USA but we were very happy. The food was great, the service also. The employees on the planes were also very, very nice. Hope it has not changed.

Hi!

We have flown on Air France and it was a great experience. Good food....if airplane food could ever be really good...and excellent wine. There was no charge for anything at the time.

Hope it hasn't changed.

Happy Sailing,

Carol Ann

Yea, it sucks.

We will never fly with AF again, CDG airport in Paris is the Pits,

Contact X and ask if they have another carrier, BA into Heathrow would be better IMHO,

Another option is that Delta code share with AF you may be on a Delta flight

as for seats I believe that you cannot pre book seats thro the cruiseline program, if you live near MIA it may be an option to go the day before and speak dierectly to the Air France check in people .

Good Luck.

Check their website . . . it has all sorts of info on in flight entertainment, etc. I flew it for a shorter flight - it was good. I think you will have comfortable flight. They do have blankets and pillows, etc. Not sure if they charge for food now - but they will have food service on a long flight.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/classeetconfort/guide_divertissement.htm?BV_SessionID=@@@@0149237209.1219493721@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadeemfdmkdmcefecekedgfndghn.0

check seatguru.com for info on preferred seats.

I don't know what the procedure is for assigning seats - but get to the airport early so you have more choices. Since you booked through =X= - call them about seat assignments.

Another reason why I never book my air through the cruise line, you lose control of choosing seats, airlines, connections and type of planes. We booked our own air for our cruise from Barcelona next month on Delta non stop from Atlanta for less than $900 per ticket and we got the seats we wanted in a 767 wide body plane. When we booked with X I asked if they did the air what we might expect for flights. We were told they would most likely book us on Continental from Birmingham to either Cincinnati or Newark then to Barcelona. Continental flies only smaller 757's into Barcelona and on long flights I hate that plane. BTW X wanted $1250 for their booked airfare.:eek:

Our friends who went to Florence Italy with us in 2006 flew from Houston connecting in Paris on AF and hated the experience. When they got to Paris they had a terrible time finding the terminal for their connecting flight to Florence and were treated very rudely when they asked for directions. They said the coach seats had no leg room and the movies were in French with English subtitles. We flew US Air to and connected in England and had a great flight.

Air France is certainly not our favorite airline.

Charles de Gaulle Airport is incredibly bad. They had a terminal collapse several years ago - and it is extremely difficult to change planes, let alone terminals.

We try to avoid CDG - even London Heathrow is better.

Well for me Airfrance is my prefer airlaine, in most of his flights it has personal t.v. or it have a general t.v. The food is wonderfull, all is great.

Maybe you cant acces because you need to check it with Celebrity directly. And the food is free not like the poor company of American

The aiport is very good, one of the best.

All our transatlantic flights were booked with Celebrity air. We have flown Air France from Chicago to Europe for 3 of our 4 transatlantics. It is our preferred airline for transatlantic flights and the one we ask for when we request custom air. For one of our transatlantics, we didn't ask for Air France and Celebrity scheduled us on Delta and we were very disappointed. We flew a Delta commuter from Chicago to New York and then it was a code share with a Mexican airline for the transatlantic portion. The airline was very worn and dirty and the meal was food - not very good. No free champagne or wine in coach like on Air France. After that we went back to requesting Air France.

I was on Air France last year from Paris to Chicago. Great food, wine, individual monitors, good service.

The only thing to worry about is a tight connection in Paris. You will have to go through customs in France because it is your first country in Europe. You will not go through customs in Barcelona. The Paris airport is a very busy large airport and you may have to change terminals. I found it easier than a change in London, though.

Francine

We used Air France for our Transatlantic 2 years ago. I would never fly with them again. I found the flight attendants rude and everything seemed an effort for them.

Also C D Gaulle Airport is a nightmare. I speak French and so asked directions in French. I found the agents working at the airport were also uninformative and rude.

We used Air France for our Transatlantic 2 years ago. I would never fly with them again. I found the flight attendants rude and everything seemed an effort for them.

Also C D Gaulle Airport is a nightmare. I speak French and so asked directions in French. I found the agents working at the airport were also uninformative and rude.

That wasn't our experience with Air France on our three flights with them. The flight attendants were very helpful. We don't speak French, but we found the airport agents friendly and very helpful.

For our last trip, our travel agent requested a wheel chair for my husband since we only had a 50 minutes to catch our next plane in Paris and he isn't able to navigate quickly and sets off the metal detectors due to his metal hips. They could't have been nicer and rushed us through security. The security agents were also very polite even though I had a band aid tin that contained a sewing kit that they were concerned was canned meat (I guess a no-no to bring into France). So I guess how your experience goes depends on the particular people you have to deal with.

I have had nothing but good experiences on Air France. The flight attendants were very nice, the food was excellent for airline food, we had individual TVs, with english programming available. I find it so much better than any US airline. I've always had widebody planes from NY or Washington DC to CDG.

We have flown Air France from San FRancisco to Rome and back from Athens, last October.

No charge for meals or drinks.

Getting seating assignments in advance though is impossible. Best you can do is the day before and only through a Kiosk. We learned that when we attempted to get seats the day before on our return from Athens last year.

Given the lack lust service on most American carriers today, Air France is far superior.

If connections are good, flying Air France is a very good choice. Keep in mind though the French are very independent, i.e., lack of advance seating assignments.

If you call it is best to go through their Flying Blue line, which one can't do til you join their version of frequent flier program, which you can only do after your first flight. Again, not all that customer friendly.

We flew Air France in May from Bordeaux to Newark. The seats are tight but the service was friendly, food was good, and they did not charge for anything. Video screens at each seat with a choice of movies (all in English) and good wine! The connection through CDG was horrible though so be sure you have plenty of time between flights. We went through security in Bordeaux then had to do it again at CDG. Just made our connecting flight and they were totally unconcerned (out and out rude!) when I mentioned that we were on a tight schedule, but that was not AF, just airport security.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for all your input.

I was able to get my seat assignments from Miami to CDG from Celebrity, so that is taken care of. And I was actually very happy with the flight times and prices that we got thru Celebrity.

Just wondering about the 'Air France experience' (and if we would be able to eat on the flight). My first impression was not good, not being able to get thru to anyone by phone, but since missouri girl was able to speak to someone I may have to just try harder!

Thanks NJ Cruisers...

The timing between flights was a concern...we have 1-1/2 hours, and I did hear CDG is awful.

I printed out the directions at the airport going from Terminal 2E to 2F and looks like we do go thru Security again. I did check tho, and flights go from CDG to Barcelona almost every hour....and we are arriving the day before (thanks to CC input)....so I am not going to stress about missing the connection, just look forward to that great cruise we are headed toward.

I have not flown on Air France before, but have a reservation for May. I was able to get seat assignments on line through their website, with no problem. I used frequent flyer miles on Delta to get the tickets.

We did Air France last April, the new terminal is open and very nice. The wine on board is great, food OK. WE did miss a connection and they put us up in a hotel, that I would of not stayed in. dirty!!! said it was a 3 1/2 star, I would say a 1 star, so if they put you up in a hotel for missing a flight. Tell them you will pay the difference.

But the flight home was smooth. You do however have to get your own snacks as the flight attendant left the building or should I say the plane :)

We did Air France

flight home was smooth. You do however have to get your own snacks as the flight attendant left the building or should I say the plane :)

Huh???

And, please! All of you with AF experience, Help!

We are booked with Delta, but they cancelled our 1p.m. flight out of Barcelona...our only choice is to stay over a full day and a night, at our expense, and fly out the next day.

We already paid an extra $500 each for the 1p.m. over the 10:30a.m flight....now the flights are even more the next day, so they won't give us any consideration.

AF has a flight out on the day we were originally scheduled, at 12:55p.m., but Delta won't put us on "another" airline.....so we are wondering how the airline savvy folks here got either Delta bookings thru AF, or:

Do we cancel Delta and take a leap of faith on seats, etc., or if there is a we can't figure out to access seating assignments now, and save ourselves about $1.000?

Did I mention my husband and I are both Medallion Delta members and being treated this shabbily?

You do however have to get your own snacks as the flight attendant left the building or should I say the plane :)

They do let you get your own drinks and snack on transatlantic flights as a means to help you move your legs to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis occuring because you are sitting for 8 hours. At least that is what Air France attendant told us on our first flight to Europe. After the meal service, we were welcome to go to the galley to help ourselves to drinks.

Archived