Nearest Airport to Fort Lauderdale??

West Palm Beach (PBI) is an international airport very close to FLL, but I don't know if they have flights that would help you.

West Palm Beach (PBI) doesn't have international flights from the UK, FTL or MIA is your best choice.

M-kay

Thanks guys for your info! Now to persuade hubby to let me book Oasis!!!!:D

We have just booked Oasis and are also from the UK. I have been looking at flights, and as we prefer to fly with as few connections as possible, and if we have to, we connect in the UK rather than US - I think we are going to fly Manchester > London > Miami.

We did this last year with BA, although we were actually cruising out of Miami then. I am sure we can easily get transport from Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale.

I dont bother about how many connections we have when flying to US for cruise. We have done Inverness-London-Dallas-Miami in the past..I pick the cheapest route I can get...doesnt bother me if it is the longest.:D

For FLL for next year for Oasis we will probably do INV-Ldn-Chicago-Fll..or something similar ..hey as long as I get to FLL I am happy flyer/cruiser :D

Both FLL and MIA are used interchangeably for cruises out of Port Everglades. If you are looking for non-stop or direct flights, you'll probably have the most choices into MIA. If you are willing to make a couple of connections, FLL is the closest airport to Port Everglades.

The nearest airport to Port Everglades is FLL. Miami and PBI are each about 45-60 minutes to Port Everglades. Orlando is 3-4 hours depending on traffic and construction. If you fly into PBI you would have a connecting flight because the runway just isn't long enough to handle large jets such as a 747, 767 or 777 to fly overseas.

If you want non-stop, FLL had Zoom but they just went out of business so you would have to switch planes to go here too. Miami has Virgin Atlantic, British Air, Continental, and Air Jamaica.

Archived