Prinsendam pricing?

bigwally

OK, I must be missing something. I've found a 14 night Northern Europe/Baltics on Prinsendam which ticks all our personal boxes when it comes to ports - Amsterdam, Oslo, Berlin, St. Petersburg, and London. BUT the cost for the June 19th sailing is $3907pp for an outside cabin. :eek:

Compare that to a 6/24 cruise on Rotterdam for $2245, which admittedly is only 12 nights, doesn't tick the UK box, and embarks in Rotterdam rather than Amsterdam...... Similar cruises on Eurodam are in the same ball-park.

Is the Prinsendam more luxurious or something?

The Prinsendam typically has a higher per diem than the other HAL ships.

She's smaller, much more intimate. She can go places other ships can't. She isn't called The Elegant Explorer for nothing. She's a very special ship. If you like HAL cruises you should try the Prinsendam at least once.

I don't think we'll be able to do this one then, at least if I can't find a deal someplace.

It looks like they do have good prices on some sailings. The one that puts the ship in place for the Baltic cruise (Rome to Amsterdam 14 day) comes in at around $2500. THAT I could live with.

Edit: Well, it's starting to look a little better. Alaska Air has this sailing for $3599. At least going in the right direction!

I don't think we'll be able to do this one then, at least if I can't find a deal someplace.

It looks like they do have good prices on some sailings. The one that puts the ship in place for the Baltic cruise (Rome to Amsterdam 14 day) comes in at around $2500. THAT I could live with.

Edit: Well, it's starting to look a little better. Alaska Air has this sailing for $3599. At least going in the right direction!

Go for it Bigwally, do the 28 days from Rome to London via the Baltics, you only live once and can't take it with you.We have booked this criuse and wish we could get those prices you quote but unfortunatley the people from down under have to pay more.I wish we could get cruise/air packages for the prices you quote.Hope to see on the Prinsendam!

Go for it Bigwally, do the 28 days from Rome to London via the Baltics, you only live once and can't take it with you.We have booked this criuse and wish we could get those prices you quote but unfortunatley the people from down under have to pay more.I wish we could get cruise/air packages for the prices you quote.Hope to see on the Prinsendam!

Can't join you for the the 28 days, they'd never survive in the office with me gone that long (or at least that's what they seem to think). Besides, we did the Med. on Century last year so we've pretty well covered from Rome out to Gibraltar already.

Edit: BTW, I very much doubt that anything I've quoted thus far is air inclusive, even the package through Alaska Airline.

I've been on the Prinsendam and I've been on the Noordam, the old Nieuw Amsterdam, the Statendam and the Westerdam. You really cannot compare the overall experience of the Prinsendam with any of the other HA ships. Perhaps it's more expensive because it's a more intimate experience. There are not as many people and venues to make up the difference in cost-to-operate. It's really not fair to try to justify the price of the Prinsendams with the other HA ships. You have to simply accept that you're paying for a totally different experience onboard. ENJOY!

My guess is that the Prinsendam is more expensive than the larger ships because you have fewer passengers sharing the operating costs but also because the Prinsendam offers a premium cruising experience you don't find on most other ships. Prinsendam cruises fill quickly and are usually sold out so when you apply Marketing 101, it's what the market will bear.

Archived