DEREK LEWIS fans--he is going to......

Just got back from the Rhapsody ALaska cruise & Derek told us that in December he is going to---ready Texas cruisers

the VOYAGER!!!!!

he will once again be sailing out of Texas!!!! whooohooo. He will be playing in the Pig & Whistle, so he said he will have to revamp a bit. Sure was good to see him.

His the most addictive onboard talent on all of RCI!!!

His guy is in charge of "ADULT DAY CARE AT NIGHT"

He will make all the adults (note, adults) feel more comfortable by instead of calling it DAY CARE, he calls it Kamakazi kareoke!

Seriously, this means laughing, smiling, and about the most fun you can have with your clothes on any evening on a cruise ship!!!

He is not be be missed! Folks will spend EVERY evening with him when they find out he is onboard.

who is Derek Lewis...we will be on Rhapsody next week...

Derek is a great entertainer--has "Adult Day Care at Night" also known as Kamakaze Karoke. He is in the Schooner Bar after 9 or 10 at night. Lots of fun to watch. mke sure to go and see him.

ALSO--do not miss RAMON DELA CRUZ--he is also in the Schooner & Centrum --he is a classical guitarist and fantastic. plays with his soul.

If LANI VOS is still the loyalty ambassador--tell her Brenda said hello. She is the absolute best LA we have ever ever worked with!!! top notch

enjoy the trip. the weather was absolutely UGLY for us last week, but we sure enjoyed our trip anyway. loved being back on the Rhapsody. You will have a new Cpatain as Captain Olav got off for vacation yesterday.

If you have not booked any excursions--I highly recommend DYEA DAVE in SKAGWAY--I learned about him on Cruise Critics--wonderful wonderful wonderful. you can search CC for his contact info we also went through coastal helicopters in Juneau for a ride to the glacier. we were not able to do the dog sled onthe glacier:( , but were able to go the glacier---great company--also learned about them from CCers!!!

the train in Skagway is AWESOME

have a good one

His the most addictive onboard talent on all of RCI!!!

His guy is in charge of "ADULT DAY CARE AT NIGHT"

He will make all the adults (note, adults) feel more comfortable by instead of calling it DAY CARE, he calls it Kamakazi kareoke!

Seriously, this means laughing, smiling, and about the most fun you can have with your clothes on any evening on a cruise ship!!!

He is not be be missed! Folks will spend EVERY evening with him when they find out he is onboard.

actually now he has t-shirts that say ADULT DAY CARE that you can "have" if you put $$ in the keep Derek playing jar.

Good post about it being addictive. EXCEPT, last week we were so tired that we only went 2 times, the other nights we were asleep!

I agree, Derek is the best. I had the pleasure to enjoy the Adult Day care at night last year on the Rhapsody Repo.

And to my surprise he even managed to get me up there:eek: :o

Brenda,

see ya Monday in a week;) :cool:

see ya Gunnar--first I have to unpack, do laundry & repack!!!!!:eek: Rhapsody ALaska was a warm-up for the TA

We've sailed with him twice on the Rhapsody. Lucky us as we will be sailing on the Voyager in Feb. I hope it will not be a break time for him. Does anyone have his specific schedule?

Thanks!

Marie

I don't know---maybe cruiserbryce could ask him & post when he gets back. All Derek said was he would be on Voyager starting in Dec for the winter . I seem to recalll someone saying he was not going to Australia, so maybe he will take his vacation then & be ready for Voyager when she comes back in December.

I don't know---maybe cruiserbryce could ask him & post when he gets back. All Derek said was he would be on Voyager starting in Dec for the winter . I seem to recalll someone saying he was not going to Australia, so maybe he will take his vacation then & be ready for Voyager when she comes back in December.

Thanks for your reply. I do not recall how long his contract is(3 or 6 mos?) until break time. We will be on the Feb. 22 sailing.

Marie

great pictures ofthe Rhapsody--I miss her already & just got off her yesterday morning. Derek didn't play poolside in Alaska, actually NO ONE played poolside OR even did playing poolside due tot he weather. my brother used to live in Alaska & said thsi was August in AK weather--oh well, we had a blast on our favorite ship!! & I'm sure y'all will too

This is the greatest news as we will be on the Voyager 2 Feb! We've sailed on the Rhapsody with him. Hubby has the t-shirt to prove it. :D

I knew folks who had sailed on the Rhapsody before would be happy to hear that Derek was coming back!!! Hey if we can't have the Rhapsody, then at least we will have Derek

I knew folks who had sailed on the Rhapsody before would be happy to hear that Derek was coming back!!! Hey if we can't have the Rhapsody, then at least we will have Derek

You got that right! I know where we will be spending lots of our evenings.

But I do have a question - Does the Pig and Whistle serve other adult beverages besides beer and ale?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get a CD of Ramon Dela Cruz? We listened to him every chance we could on the Rhapsody of the Seas 8/29/08 - 9/5/08. The first night we saw him, he had some CDs, well like an idiot I didn't buy one then and he was out the next time I saw him. I asked if he had a website and he said he doesn't as of now. I think the ship should carry CDs of the artist they have on board and they could make a little extra money.

Does anyone know where I can get a CD of Ramon Dela Cruz? We listened to him every chance we could on the Rhapsody of the Seas 8/29/08 - 9/5/08. The first night we saw him, he had some CDs, well like an idiot I didn't buy one then and he was out the next time I saw him. I asked if he had a website and he said he doesn't as of now. I think the ship should carry CDs of the artist they have on board and they could make a little extra money.

I LOVE him. have been listening to my cd of him that I bought on the cruise right before your's. I am so sorry that you were not able to get one. He does have an e-mail listed on the CD, I will try to remember to bring it into the house & post it here. He told us that he is planning to make another CD. We became Ramon groupies and everyone in our group bought his cd.

Just got back from the Rhapsody ALaska cruise & Derek told us that in December he is going to---ready Texas cruisers

the VOYAGER!!!!!

he will once again be sailing out of Texas!!!! whooohooo. He will be playing in the Pig & Whistle, so he said he will have to revamp a bit. Sure was good to see him.

Any chance RCL will fly him to Barcelona to ride the Voyager back to arrive in Galveston in style (and so we will be entertained during our transatlantic)?

Thanks! Here is an email I found digging around delacruzramon@yahoo.com

Brenda,

Were you able to find Ramon's email address? I am not sure if the address I have is correct or not. I found that address on www.guitarsite.com. I sent the address an email trying to find out if it is him or not and I haven't received a response.

Thanks,

Eddie

that's the same e-mail that is on his cd cover. I have not had good luck with e-mailing crew members & them returning the e-mail.

Any chance RCL will fly him to Barcelona to ride the Voyager back to arrive in Galveston in style (and so we will be entertained during our transatlantic)?

that would be great for you guys, but I would not hold my breath on that one. Last year when we did the TA on the Voyager, the entertainment still had a European flare to it & needless to say, we didn't go to alot of it because it was not too our liking. I hope it is better for y'all this year. Any word on whether y'all will be coming into Galveston or not? I read on the Galveston port web-site (I htink it was there, it was on some Galveston web-site) that the cruise terminal will reopen Oct 10th. course I believe I read that Terminal 2--where RCCL goes out of--was damaged more than the one Carnival uses. We have a cruise on Voayger in March, so hopefully all will be a go then.

I'd vote for that !

:D Welcome back Derek! :D

Archived