Jacksonville

Mike45

I cruised out of Jacksonville last Nov. Only took about 15 minutes.

We were going to take the shuttle that you pay for when you get to the airport but the lines were so long. We checked right next to the shuttle with the taxi's and it was the same price with no wait. Think it was 10.00 each. Highly recommend taking a cab there.

19 minutes, 11.36 miles according to Mapquest:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1qn=Jacksonville+International+Airport+(JAX)&1c=Jacksonville&1s=FL&1a=2400+Yankee+Clipper+Dr&1z=32218&1y=US&1l=30.49138&1g=-81.67589&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Jacksonville&2s=FL&2a=9810+August+Dr&2z=32226-2739&2y=US&2l=30.409119&2g=-81.577373&2v=ADDRESS&r=s#a/maps/l:Jacksonville+International+Airport+(JAX):2400+Yankee+Clipper+Dr:Jacksonville:FL:32218:US:30.49138:-81.67589:address:/l::9810+August+Dr:Jacksonville:FL:32226-2739:US:30.409119:-81.577373:address:/m:hyb::::0::/io:1:::::s:EN:M:/e

Does anyone know how far the cruise terminal is from Jacksonville airport?:)

When I cruise out of Jax I always stay at the Holiday INN express. its a very nice hotel and its just a few min from the port. Its the only hotel that close. If you call and make a reservation tell them you are going on the ship and they will give you a discount. 904-696-3333 The port is right down the street.

When I cruise out of Jax I always stay at the Holiday INN express. its a very nice hotel and its just a few min from the port. Its the only hotel that close. If you call and make a reservation tell them you are going on the ship and they will give you a discount. 904-696-3333

Thanks for that info! We are driving down on the 19th and will need a place to stay.

Thanks for that info! We are driving down on the 19th and will need a place to stay.

It really is a nice place. The first time I drove there I didn't have a reservation and the hotel was full. I stayed in a place in Jacksonvill that was not so nice. Be sure to call first. I hope to get back to there for the Fascination next August.

There are airport hotels that will allow you to park there and take their shuttle (if you are staying there...) to the cruise terminal. Check out the North American Homeports forum, East Coast departures, Florida departures for specific recommendations. I live two hours north, and when I drive I stay on I95 to Hecksher Drive/Zoo parkway exit. Keep driving several miles, and you will come to a causeway where you can see your ship waiting for you...You can pull off for pictures. Back onto the causeway and turn right into the drive to the port. EM

Archived