Body Glove vs. Fairwinds II - KONA - help please

lrcruising

Has anyone been on Body Glove recently? I see from their website that they have a new boat - Kanoa II. I am trying to find out info on this boat. I am looking for a really nice boat for my 82 year old father. We will be sunning, snorkeling, etc but he cannot and I am looking for a VERY nice boat with good food and a comfortable place for him to sit. Any suggestions?

Also what about Fairwinds II? I've read that the snorkeling is great but how is the boat? New? Old?

Fairwinds II also has a new boat, Hula Kai, but it doesn't go out on Wed, the day we are there.

When is your trip?

The Fairwind II is scheduled for dry dock 11-1 through 12-20. The Hula Kai will be sailing her voyage to Kealakekua Bay on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and Monday durning this time period. It is a class act vessel with good food and comfortable seating. You may not sail on the Hula Kai if you are under age 5.

The Fairwind II is also very comfortable. Not sure if the menu will change. The Hula Kai's regular voyages' food is a cut above the Fairwind's. Either sailing has a hot grilled lunch.

I have not been on the Body Glove's new boat, Kanao II, but will try it this fall. Body Glove departs from the Kona Pier, Hula Kai/Fairwind II requires a taxi ride. Body Glove's lunch is deli style, make your own sandwiches, but fresh and delicious.

If you have concerns you can call either outfit. Both have web sites also.

www.fair-wind.com

www.bodyglovehawaii.com

We did the BodyGlove out of Kona in January 2008. I can't remember which boat, but it was nice - seemed new. Covered upper and lower seating, clean bathroom, fun water slide off the back. However, we were VERY disappointed with the snorkeling. The reef we went to was quite deep, and the waves kept you from getting too close. We had fun on the boat but probably will not do this excursion again.

Hi Beachchick - of course, you're right!! I must have been in la la land when I wrote #3 post! Sorry about that.

Nah. It happens sometimes. By the time we see a thread for the first time, it's been moved. But it doesn't say "moved" on the new forum, just on the original one.

beachchick

Archived