Thursday Weigh-in 9/11/08

WeirdEyes

Hi everyone,

Since it is 9/11, I thought I'd post a poem in tribute to all of the victims of that tragic day.

United We Stand!

This is a story of a historic event,

And this is the way that it went.

An airplane crashed thru building one,

Next thing people know two was done.

Now both buildings down of the twin towers,

While people wait for hours and hours.

They watch the police and firefighters strive,

And see if their loved ones are still alive.

Now there are two lights where the towers once stood,

And they shine very bright thru the neighborhood.

This event did not break apart the U.S.A.,

Because we are closer and closer to each other everyday.

Jen S.

Taken from here: http://www.9-11heroes.us/911-memorial-poems-c.php

So, how did you do this week? I lost one pound. :)

Good luck everyone!

Sheila

Thanks for posting that poem, Sheila!

Where is everyone this morning? I guess I'm not the only one who didn't have great results this week. I gained a pound.

I had an insane week, and I ended up quitting my job! :eek: Diet and exercise were kind of put on hold for a few days while I tried to figure myself out. But anyway, I'm back on track now. I don't think I'll make my goal now, but through all of the insanity of last week, I realized that it's not a catastrophe if I wear a tankini instead of a bikini on the cruise. I don't even really care anymore if I make my goal of 122 pounds. As long as I'm exercising and eating healthy I don't care (too much) about the number on the scale. I think the past week has put a lot of things back into perspective for me.

Goal: 122 by 9/17

8/7 -- 133

8/14 -- 127.6

8/21 -- 127.6

8/28 -- 125.6

9/4 -- 123.2

9/11 -- 124.2

Thanks for the poem Sheila. It was such a sad time for our country. My cousin was one of the fortunate ones who got out safely. Our students are making 9/11 ribbons today.

Weight wise - I'm back to WW and this board for motivation. I have gained 7 lbs. since January and can't take it off. I gave up for a little while, but now I am back and more determined to lose these 7 lbs. Goal - 150 by Christmas!

Perkyblue - don't let 1 lb. get to you. Just one piece of advice - you may want to take the bikini with you on the cruise. For some reason, I looked heavier in the tankini than the bikini - maybe it's just my body.

Jean

Darci ~ It sounds as if your mind is in the right place. Being healthy is what it's all about, right? I bet you have that one pound gain gone by Mon. ;)

Jean ~ I reached my goal weight in May. I then went on two vacations and have had some health issues. Needless to say, I've gained several pounds. I'm slowly losing it again, but I get so mad at myself for letting me gain it in the first place. WE CAN DO IT! :D

Thanks for the poem, Sheila. It's a beautiful reminder of a horrific day 7 years ago. Through all the sadness and horror, I remember seeing all the politicians stand as one regardless of party affiliation. It's a shame it takes tragedy for us all to unite as one.

I'm down between 1 and 1 1/2 pounds from last week. However, this is birthday week in my house -- 3 birthdays in 6 days -- so I'm not overly optimistic about keeping them off until next Thursday. The smell of birthday cake is taunting me, and this is just the first. :(

Darci, I'm sorry for all the upheaval in your life; quitting your job has to be a big adjustment whether for good or bad. And that kind of stress does take its toll. I hope the changes that come about are positive for you. It certainly sounds like you are working your way through it and seeing positives.

Jean, 7 pounds in 3 months is very doable. Good luck with WW.

Sheila, congrats on the one pound. Little by little we'll get there!

Have a great week, everyone!

Well, today I'm 1.2 pounds less than yesterday. So either my weight was abnormally high yesterday just from overeating last week, or my scale is off. But now I'm only one pound above my goal with 5 days to go, so that might actually be doable!

Thanks for the support everyone! :)

Well, today I'm 1.2 pounds less than yesterday. So either my weight was abnormally high yesterday just from overeating last week, or my scale is off. But now I'm only one pound above my goal with 5 days to go, so that might actually be doable!

Thanks for the support everyone! :)

Darci ~ You were just retaining water for some reason. I bet your inches were still the same. I hope your job situation gets better...hopefully, you can find something soon (if you want to).

CONGRATS to all of the Losers! You guys did GREAT this week! :D

Archived