Fort Lauderdale Renaissance

vince_g

We stayed at the Renaissance pre-cruise on Oct 15th. Got it on Priceline for $75.00. Called them a few weeks prior to give them my Marriott Rewards number (no, using Priceline you do not accumulate points, but still get other perks!), requested early checkin, higher floor, and king bed. Arrived around 11 and checkin was a breeze....we were in our room within a few minutes. Gave us a beautiful room on the 10th floor overlooking the pool. Room was decorated very nice.....bed was very comfy as was the chair and ottomon. Bathroom even had a separate ceiling light in the tub and big fluffy towels. There was a desk with coffeemaker and supplies, etc., but we had our cup of Starbucks coffee at the lobby bar before leaving for the ship. Very clean, beautiful hotel in a great location with very pleasant personnel. There was a Walgren's across the street where we picked up our bottled water. We walked across the parking lot and had a great lunch at Bimini Boatyard overlooking the yachts. Spent the afternoon at their pool sipping Pina Coladas ($7.00 each...yikes!!) Also directly across the parking lot is Bravo, a very good Italian restaurant. We would stay here again!

we also are booked at the Renaissance the night before our November cruise. How close is it to Port Everglades, and is there any shuttle service? I didn't read about any so I assume we will take a cab. I'm hoping it's close. How about breakfast at the hotel. Is there a casual restaurant?

We are staying there pre-cruise one night Jan 21. Paid a bit much on Priceline (110) but still good I think. Then off to the Beachcombers Resort and Villas in Pompano Beach 3 nights post cruise. Thanks for the Renaissance sight with the pictures. It looks very nice.

Patti

Patti, I'm not sure about the dining in the hotel (the menu I've seen looks a bit fancy for me!), but we're going to try out the 15th Street Fisheries for dinner when we are there after our cruise. It looks like a relaxing waterfront place to eat.

I think the hotel looks really nice, too. I bid $80 so it was $96.21 after taxes/fees. Still a good deal when I look at their regular rates.

Have fun on your cruise!

we stayed there is october. the hotel restaurant for lunch was wonderful

but dinner did seem expensive. There is so much close by, a walgreen's

accross the street, package store and grocery store across the parking lot

there is a great italian place called bravo right next door. I would

stay there again for one night without hestitation, if you were staying

longer i would opt for the hyatt over the bridge.

Just stayed there Oct. 21 pre cruise before Caribbean Princess. Arrived at the hotel about 10:30 am. Very pleasant and accomodating staff. We were early but they did have a room. I asked for one on a high floor with a view of the ships so I could see 'our Princess' in the morning. No problem. Very nice young man brought our luggage to our room which was beautifully decorated with duvets on the bed.

Pool area is very nice but I had read on line about the noise from the nearby street and I have to agree with this. We walked to the water taxi from the hotel and from a recommendation on line walked one block to a great bagel place for breakfast after arriving on our early flight and again the next morning before embarking on the ship. Einstein Brothers Bagel shop was great with yummy bagels and other breakfast type items and very good coffee.Coffee and a great spinach omelet sandwich on a bagel was $4.99

The hotel has free internet for guests and also at the concierge desk you can indeed sign up for a shuttle to the pier which we did. See the concierge at her desk in the front lobby.We signed up for the 10:30 am suttle for $4.00 per person. Worked out great. It is a van with lots of luggage storage.

Would stay there again and I also bid and received this hotel on priceline. Have stayed at Embassy Suites which is getting a bit tired looking inside and this hotel is about 3 years old.

Emmy :)

Hi -

We're going to stay in fort lauderdale AFTER our Jan 2 2005 cruise aboard CENTURY -

there are 3 of us......if we do a priceline bid - is there any way to guarantee we'll get a room with 2 beds?

(and what do you have to specify - is it downtown - 4 stars?)

Thanks for your replies!

Gemini8

The Renaissance is in the Downtown Fort Lauderdale zone 4*. I have not had a problem getting a room with two beds although Priceline only has to guarantee one bed.

On our pre cruise last week I asked for a room on a high floor 1 king bed but all she had ready at the time was one with two queens and since I wanted the view I took it so did not seem to be a problem since we were Priceline. Usually after my successful bid I call the hotel directly and ask for two beds and specify smoking or non smoking and also this way you confirm the reservation.

Good Luck!

Emmy :)

Archived