Mongoian Grill

Terry305

I am getting my appetite ready for the cruise lol. Imagination 9/22

This will be our first time to visit the MOngolian Grill .

Any advise what to ask, what do they have besides that, any ideas with the sauces .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks

Terry

I like BD's Mongolian Grill and had no idea any of the Carnival ships offer it. Can you tell me what ships have a Mongolian Grill? Is it one of those dining options where you have to pay to eat there?

I only been to 2 CCL cruises and both have them, I never try it ,but after reading so much about it I will, is located where the buffett is and is included (no fee):)

I like BD's Mongolian Grill and had no idea any of the Carnival ships offer it. Can you tell me what ships have a Mongolian Grill? Is it one of those dining options where you have to pay to eat there?

its free but the options are more limited than BD's

but it is still awesome for lunch

The Mongolian Grill is good.

But be aware that if you are used to the traditional Mongolian BBQ grill -- you know, that flat round surface about four feet in diameter with the cook stirring up the ingredients with the long wooden spatula while walking around the "wok" -- you will not find it! And there won't be as many ingredients to choose from.

But it is still really yummy!

I just got off the Imagination last Saturday as well and that was my first experience eating at a Mongolian Grill. Often times I saw that the line was pretty lengthy at lunch, so one day when it was a little shorter I decided to give it a whirl. Yummy!! I didn't really know what I was doing so I'm sure the guy doing the cooking got a chuckle out of me. I grabbed a bowl on the end and started piling things up, then handed it to him like the people in front of me had done. I thought that was it, but he kept looking at me and unfortunately (at first) I couldn't understand what he was saying.

After a couple tries I realized he wanted to know what kind of meat I wanted with it -- beef or chicken. He then grilled up my selection and asked me what kind of sauce I wanted. Again I was clueless. LOL! Afterward I saw a little sign that showed the three choices -- basically, mild, medium, and hot if I recall correctly. Anyway, it sure was good!

Waaaaaaaay better than the bland pizza that I had the day before!

I also really enjoyed the little deli grill and tried both the reuben and the turkey. They were quite tasty. I know one thing's for sure -- I NEVER go hungry on a cruise. I almost busted out loud laughing when one lady asked the guy at the deli about getting a sandwich and he said he would be open in five minutes. She was disgusted that she had to wait and said rather loudly -- "Isn't there ANYWHERE on this ship where a person can get some food." I would've died laughing, except I already had a belly ache from eating at all the food places on board. haha!

Hi Fred

I am assuming from your post the Splendor does not have the Mongolian grill? That was something I was hoping to try for lunch, oh well!!!! I don't know all the classes of ships but I do know the Splendor is its own class.

Enjoyed looking at all your photos/info on the Splendor, definately doesn't have many others posting any info on the ship. Our sailing even seems to have lots of available cabins.

I tried to edit my post above, but couldn't find out how to do it. I wasn't meaning pictures of Splendor were done by Fred. I was just meaning the photos posted I think from Nolaalive were actually pretty nice but seems to be the only person having provided any info. Maybe they can tell us for sure if the Splendor didn't have the Mongolian Grill.

Archived