does every cabin get drinking water left for them?

prettybeth

Thank you Ma Bell, I really wasn't slamming and did not intend my question to be directed to the person who wrote it. I simply (and innocently) wondered why people would use one word that perhaps many don't know rather than another that seemed to mean the same thing. That was all. As another poster put it, bleach is drinkable too, that pretty much answered my question. Sometimes people need to stop assuming everyone is petty and mean. Sometimes things don't read the same as they would had someone been able to verbally pose the question and it is always wise to keep that in mind prior to slamming someone. I was an English major and was just curious as to the distinction between the words.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prettybeth:

Thanks for the responses, I had read that people packed their own water but I guess that is not necessary although, I really do only drink water that has NO FLAVOR! I will probably bring a few of my own just in case but would rather stuff my bags with cokes and a few bottles of something else. Just wondering, why use the word "potable" when you can just day "drinkable"? both are 3 syllables to say?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife is EXTREMELY sensitive to water (we get bottled water at home since the local water is just marginal to her). She says that the water is just as good as most bottled water. Take along some water if you need, but it really is not necessary. Our first cruise - we took water. Our second cruise - we took Dr. Pepper.

po·ta·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pt-bl)

adj.

Fit to drink.

n.

A beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage: wine and other potables.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin potabilis, from Latin potare, to drink, from potus, a drink. See p(i)- in Indo-European Roots.]

FastFreddie

Zenith

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;05;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Feb 2002 Zenith

April 2003 Millenium

Feb 2004 Century

My wife is EXTREMELY sensitive to water (we get bottled water at home since the local water is just marginal to her). She says that the water is just as good as most bottled water. Take along some water if you need, but it really is not necessary. Our first cruise - we took water. Our second cruise - we took Dr. Pepper.

Thanks! that is very helpful, sounds like your wife and I are very similar in tastes. I also bought my own water cooler (Sams club) and purchase water. I even taste ice cubes in my drinks when people use tap water to make them. I am going to have complete trust in your wife and I will save my packing space for other things!

One thing about water, the mineral content varies from location to location , city to city etc. some people are truly sensitive to those changes and can develope mild GI symptons. This does not mean that the water is contaminated or unhealthy but no one wants to feel ill on an a vacation so if you are one of those people it is better to be safe than sorry drink the water you are most comfortable drinking. don't forget coffee tea and Ice are made from the local water. boiling does not change mineral content!

Peg

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=08>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

2004 Celebrity Galaxy 10/8/04

2003 Carnival Legend 10/4/03

2002 Celebrity Galaxy 9/20/02

1977 Southward/skyward

1976 Song of Norway

1975 Leonardo Davinci