everyone on Sun sept 20th...5 day countdown has begun..woohoo

chelle40

Hi everyone,

Here's another confession from a very excited '5 more sleeps to go' Sun passenger. To make matters worse, DH and I went down to Portside on Saturday to see the beautiful lady depart, then drove down past Pinkenba. I even tried the 'we could go for a quick drive up to Caloundra to see her go around the marker!!' but was met with a rather firm NO!! ;) (He fell for this one on the last time Pacific Star sailed out of Brisbane and we sat up at Caloundra until 6pm without seeing her....found out the next morning she had broken down near the mouth of the river. It was a long drive home!)

While at Portside, I noticed the bottle shop had a special on a rather nice bottle of French champers - I've been dreaming of us all sitting around sharing it before embarkation - straws anyone!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine, the bottle shope you mentioned is it a duty free at the docks? Sounds like you lucky people will have time to sit at leisure before boarding. Think of us still in the air while thats happening. The ten of us will rush in at around 1.10 and hopefully not be too stressed. Roll on Saturday.

:D Moya

My countdown says 5 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes as I type this anm thinking before I know it we will be sitting portside with all 44 (can you believe that, 44 CCers on this cruise) of you good people chatting with enormous excitement waiting to board.

Geraldine that champers sounds good! I'll be in that, Verve Cliquot is favourite, :D and I know they have a beautiful display in the window! Great photo opps there! Who elese wants to put in for champers?

Almost packed, talking about our costumes, not terribly exciting but we are taking them so that's good :D

I have to make our banner to unfurl down the side of the ship, old sheet with cruise critic written and some weights. Unless someone else is in an industry who does this type of thing!

Wow, getting excited now!!

My countdown says 5 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes as I type this anm thinking before I know it we will be sitting portside with all 44 (can you believe that, 44 CCers on this cruise) of you good people chatting with enormous excitement waiting to board.

Geraldine that champers sounds good! I'll be in that, Verve Cliquot is favourite, :D and I know they have a beautiful display in the window! Great photo opps there! Who elese wants to put in for champers?

Almost packed, talking about our costumes, not terribly exciting but we are taking them so that's good :D

I have to make our banner to unfurl down the side of the ship, old sheet with cruise critic written and some weights. Unless someone else is in an industry who does this type of thing!

Wow, getting excited now!!

Hi Guys,

So jealous of all of you, I know you will all have a ball and hopefully have a few drinks for us.

Our time is getting closer for Samoa next year on the Pacific Dawn, hopefully that all works out as we have just signed contracts to sell our house and move up to Brisbane.:D :D

You guys should have a great meet & greet with 44 onboard, what a great group.

All the best and have a great time.

Don & Kerry-Anne

Don!! You're leaving me...to go to Brissie!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!

You just wanna catch up with all the others on sailing Saturdays don't you.??!!

OH well, will think of you when I get on the ship on Saturday....

Orange Juice and Champagne for breakie!!!!

I'm in that!!!:D

Don!! You're leaving me...to go to Brissie!!!

OH NO!!!!!!!

You just wanna catch up with all the others on sailing Saturdays don't you.??!!

OH well, will think of you when I get on the ship on Saturday....

Orange Juice and Champagne for breakie!!!!

I'm in that!!!:D

Hi Kaz,

It is a big move but we are looking forward to it. Hopefully the warmer weather will be better for Kerry-Anne.

I know that you guys will have a great time on your cruise, seems like a good bunch. Make sure you have a few VB's with Icy for me. You in special accomodation or a normal cabin...:D We will have to catch up before Xmas.

Don

Just adding this here for those who don't check roll call

Have just received notifiation from Carnival regarding our meet and greet.

It will be published also in the Pacific Daily and is subject to change, so make sure you all check your Pac Dailies! :D

• Date: 21st September 2008
  • Times Requested: 2:15pm till approx 3:30pm
  • Location Requested: The OZ Nightclub

If we don't see you for coffee/champagne on saturday morning, or sailaway we will see you on day 2 in the OZ night club

Can you feel the excitement!

Whoo, hoo 4 days to go!! :D :cool: :p

Hey, Don........had to add the hey, the Qld thing :) I think we may be able to fit a few drinks in for you and Kerry_Anne. Perhaps we should all have a drink each day for you both and perhaps start with the champers on Saturday morning!

Have a great time everyone!!! wish I was coming with you. :)

Hi Lizard,

Glad that your cruise went well particularly the meet and greet considering you thought you didn't have enough people to have one. Well done.

Don

If we don't see you for coffee/champagne on saturday morning, or sailaway we will see you on day 2 in the OZ night club

Can you feel the excitement!

Whoo, hoo 4 days to go!! :D

Hey, Don........had to add the hey, the Qld thing :) I think we may be able to fit a few drinks in for you and Kerry_Anne. Perhaps we should all have a drink each day for you both and perhaps start with the champers on Saturday morning!

Hi Glenda,

Make sure you have more than one for me, I will be feeling thirsty:D . I might even try to have one at the same time in Melbourne ..hey.

Looks like ours will be a certain goer as long as the sale goes through OK, possibly with Kylie, Kerry-Anne's Mother and Kerry-Anne's sister as well.

Have a good time all of you, what a blast it will be.:D :D :D

Don

Promise we will have a few for you Don......hey! Gosh you must be so excited with all your plans.

I am in the process of making the Cruise Critics banner so we do need someone in port to take a sailaway pic. It's about 150 cm long and i am hoping we don't drop it when we hang it over the edge :D

Also managed to get a Cruise Critic black Polo shirt done and he will leave it in his letter box for me to pick up at Milton prior to sailaway on Saturday morning. Thanks Don for the suggestion.

Now I am a totally committed CCer, going all the way! Or is that ........could be committed for my total dedication to CC :o

Great idea! We can all be under the cam at say 2.30 or 3pm what would be best every one?

sounds good to me glenda...

i was just working out a time that i would be in front of the cam so that my kids can get online while im gone and be able to see me, hands in the air, having a blast!!!

Hi Kaz,

It is a big move but we are looking forward to it. Hopefully the warmer weather will be better for Kerry-Anne.

I know that you guys will have a great time on your cruise, seems like a good bunch. Make sure you have a few VB's with Icy for me. You in special accomodation or a normal cabin...:D We will have to catch up before Xmas.

Don

In both cabins actually~!!! Have booked with Icy, but will be a deck below!! (Nudge nudge wink wink)

Chris gets back beginning of Dec, so it looks like another BBQ is in the offing!!

In both cabins actually~!!! Have booked with Icy, but will be a deck below!! (Nudge nudge wink wink)

Chris gets back beginning of Dec, so it looks like another BBQ is in the offing!!

That sounds like a plan, sure Icy will not mind a cabin on her own. We know the effect she has on room mates don't we:D :D stranger danger lol.

So is Chris looking at another posting in the new year? Will certainly have to catch up for a BBQ that would be good.

Have a good trip, when do you fly up.

Don

wow only 2 sleeps to go...Im like a kid at Christmas time:)

I have packed and repacked and added more and now theres just my handbag to organise..... which holds everything but the kitchen sink...so I think Im organised at last...Yipee happy dancing constantly here :) :)

Archived