How Did You Decide What Deck To Book On?

Hi everyone.

I booked a D1 on Deck 9 but no idea if I should book higher or lower.

Would you avoid Deck 8 because of the restaurants etc or would that be an advantage?

Please let me know what deck you decided to book a cabin on and how you came to that determination.

I just picked a deck when booking but it is not really an informed decision.

Thanks.

Laura

We wanted two balconies - CP view & the higher the better but NOT under the pool deck. We've done that several times and it's been fine...but last cruise we had a GS and and an inside cabin across the hall both under the pool deck right outside the windjammer. It was noisy all night long- every single night. It started about midnight and went on for hours!

It's never happened before and believe me it will not happen again.

I guess it happens sometimes.

It was an easy call for me. We knew right away we wanted a boardwalk view and aft view so we booked deck 8 last cabin.

We did exactly the same! :p

We're going w/friends so I booked us the same last AFT cabin - Port & Starboard! :D

If we were Diamond - I might have wanted to be closer to the lounge .......:rolleyes:

Renee

We wanted a CP balcony ever since we got a look at the Oasis concept. We're traveling with some great CC friends. So, we've got our CP balcony and they've got an OV Balcony on the hump. We're convenient to each other's cabins so they can come people-watch and we can go enjoy the ocean. We're on deck 12; just high enough over the CP that we can see more of it, and hopefully what noise there might be won't be horrible at night.

We have 3 D8 cabins next to one another on deck 8. We chose deck 8 as that is the highest deck with D8 cabins. All D cabins have the same size with D1 having a larger balcony. Since we don't see a benefit to the larger balcony or what is supposed to be a better location we went with the least expensive balcony.

yikes, I just booked the Oasis! I hope the cabin i booked wasnt a mistake, it is really close to the front of the ship, I was hoping/trying to avoid noise from the open air theater. The pictures are confusing to me and I cant even picture how the ship is going to look, We are in a D3 on deck 10 pretty close to the front, Does anyone think it will be rocky?

Suzanne

I always try to book closest to where my kids will be spending the most time. ;)

So on a Freedom class I book Deck 10, close to the pool and kid's club.

So on Oasis I booked Deck 14 - once again, close to the pool...but who knows where the darn kids club will be...they haven't released it yet...lol.

I usually try to book the second highest floor on which there are staterooms, so that there aren't people walking on top of me constantly but I'm still high enough to be close to the pool decks or easily walk up a floor or 2 and go outside for some fresh air if i need to.

Ended up booking 12th floor midship between the humps, Cat D5.

It was an easy call for me. We knew right away we wanted a boardwalk view and aft view so we booked deck 8 last cabin.

Is the Boardwalk and Central Park on different decks? (I just found the deck maps so I can see the locations) If you are on 9 or higher on the aft end central park... do you see Central Park and the Aqua Theatre?

How do they connect? Does the last cabin on the aft view look down on Central Park? What category are those cabins? We are trying to decide if we want to be back that far as there would be extra walking to the cabin...We had the middle aft cabin on a cruise last year and enjoyed it but paid a premium and got a little tired of the walk...

Thanks for the replies.

I will still keep my eyes and ears open.

I have not called in a while but all the cabins around me then were still open.

I am still in awe of this ship and I am wondering will every other ship be a disappointment after the Oasis?

The inaugural cruisers reviews about cabins will certainly be a big help.

I chose the ocean view because I get the most pleasure out of looking at the water, however it will be interesting to see what other cabins views are like.

Laura

Deck 8 really appealed to us, as the decks above and below us just have cabins, no public places that might be noisy.And the thought of taking a nice walk through "Central Park" on the way back to our cabin in the evenings would be nice!:)

Will your cabin open up to Central Park? or do you have go around and enter from a hallway...? I do not have a clear picture of how everything is connected...

My husband and I picked the last room on deck 8 lookin down onto the boardwalk. We always have a hump cabin so we decided to try an inside cabin. We liked the idea that we can look down onto the boardwalk and look out at the aqua theatre and look beyond that and see the sea. Not sure how good of a view this will be, but wanted to try something different. Also, figured we could take an easy walk threw Central Park. Just trying to figure out where the opening will be to get out to Central Park. Also, picked a room with a sofa bed, just incase we take along my nephew. (He will be graduating from high school). Told him if he does good, we will take him with us. He wanted a view of the zipline and the rock climbing wall. So this room should work out well for us.:)

I wanted a regular balcony, D8 and near the elevator. I also wanted it sandwiched between two decks of cabins, so we picked deck 7. One deck up to Central Park, one deck down to the Boardwalk....works for me!

This is exactly what we did -- wanted to be in between two decks of cabins, so we chose Deck 7 in the least expensive balcony category -- D8!

Archived