How Did You Decide What Deck To Book On?

Will your cabin open up to Central Park? or do you have go around and enter from a hallway...? I do not have a clear picture of how everything is connected...

No, our cabin is an oceanview balcony, that is situated more towards the back of the ship.We will walk down the hallway from Central Park, past the elevators to our cabin. It looks as though there are no cabins directly across the hall from us. But I did notice that the 2nd floor of Dazzle might have a doorway near our door. If I look at deck 7, there appear to be stairs either leading up or down(I think up) toards where our cabin is.:) Jax

Will your cabin open up to Central Park? or do you have go around and enter from a hallway...? I do not have a clear picture of how everything is connected...

It's my take that none of the cabins open directly to the 'deck'....we will go down the hallway to an 'exit' then out to Central Park (Last AFT Deck 8 B1 Boadwalk view) - (no elevator or stairs needed on Deck 8 - Central Park IS on Deck 8) ) Our Balcony looks out & down to the Boadwalk (on Deck 6) and we also should (hope to) see the Aqua Theatre and the Aft Sea - There is no exit directly from any 'Inside View' Balcony to any Deck :confused:

Thanks for the replies.... It seems that if you are in the last section at the aft end of the ship ( or even the last cabin at that end ) you would be looking down on Central Park and the Aqua Theatre... Is that true? At what point on Deck 8, B1, would you be at Central Park level with the deck and people walking around outside your balcony?

I think I have it now... Broadwalk is directly down from 8 ... at the aft end so you are seeing Broadwalk down several decks in the open end of the aft section of the ship... Central Park is more to the center of the ship on Deck 8... Central Park can not be seen from the aft section of Deck 8..:)

Thanks for the reply... I keep studying the deck plans try to see if I can look out on Central Park and the Aft end of the ship and also see the Aquatheatre...

I don't think that will be possible. Looks like CP is on Deck 8 and the Boardwalk on Deck 6 with a wall of elevators between (if I'm reading the deck plans and photos right).

I do not think that these will be very popular JHMO I can not immagian being on a cruise ship and paying for a balcony that does not over look the sea...that is just CrAzY!!!!:eek:

Well I was hoping they would be popular and it would drive the cost of the BW's UP and the OV balconies down. ;)

But I can see that they are pretty much neck and neck...each within $20 of each other. :(

At some points on our sailing, the BW balconies were actually more expensive than the OV ones. :eek:

DH & I, book on whatever deck the concierge lounge is on. I often figure when booking a suite, does one really want to travel between decks to the concierge lounge, when one can be just down the hallway? The answer is no. DH & I, indeed take advantage of that concierge lounge on every cruise.

Happy Sailing!!

DH & I, book on whatever deck the concierge lounge is on. I often figure when booking a suite, does one really want to travel between decks to the concierge lounge, when one can be just down the hallway? The answer is no. DH & I, indeed take advantage of that concierge lounge on every cruise.

Happy Sailing!!

What are the advantages of the concierge lounge? and what cabins qualify the passenger to use this lounge? Thanks..

Thanks for the replies.

I will still keep my eyes and ears open.

I have not called in a while but all the cabins around me then were still open.

I am still in awe of this ship and I am wondering will every other ship be a disappointment after the Oasis?

The inaugural cruisers reviews about cabins will certainly be a big help.

I chose the ocean view because I get the most pleasure out of looking at the water, however it will be interesting to see what other cabins views are like.

Laura

I wonder if the others will be a disappointment too after sailing on the Oasis. I'm on the inaugural and will let you know!

What are the advantages of the concierge lounge? and what cabins qualify the passenger to use this lounge? Thanks..

Staying in a GS or above qualifies you to get Suite Perks - those suite perks include the CL.

OR, you can become a diamond (or diamond +) C&A member and have access to the Diamond Lounge - the Concierge Lounge for Diamond Members.

The CL has light fare breakfast items. DVD's to take back to your cabin. Pre-dinner there are h'orderves and for certain hours at night, they have free alcoholic drinks.

The concierge can make all arrangements for you, spa appts, order wine for your dinner, excursions and specialty restaurant appts.

And there is a whole list of things that suite guests get.

Suites as Michelle stated, include "perks". Reservations to restaurants, that are otherwise unavailable. Food amentities sent to your cabin, almost daily. Preferred seating to ceartin shows, such as the ice show (basically with an access suite card, you can go whenever you want without question). Preference to board first island tender before most guests. DVD movies and CD's to take back to your room for your enjoyment (a list is provided by the concierge). Preferred bookings for excursions that would be otherwise sold out. A bridge tour (which is typically no longer done on sailings). The perks go on. Your truly treated as if your the only guests on board, you won't regret spending the extra cash (if you can). Especially for DH & I, we travel solo (no kids as yet), so we're able to spoil ourselves now.

so far we have 5 ov balcony cabins on deck 6 - chose them to be close to the night life /d.r. - we are on same deck with boardwalk i think...... some in our party didnt want to have to walk super far to get to the night time activities on the ship- as long as we are on the ship and have an ov balcony..............i will be happy....lol :)

[quote name='NJCruiseGal32']Suites as Michelle stated, include "perks". Reservations to restaurants, that are otherwise unavailable. Food amentities sent to your cabin, almost daily. Preferred seating to ceartin shows, such as the ice show (basically with an access suite card, you can go whenever you want without question). Preference to board first island tender before most guests. DVD movies and CD's to take back to your room for your enjoyment (a list is provided by the concierge). Preferred bookings for excursions that would be otherwise sold out. A bridge tour (which is typically no longer done on sailings). The perks go on. Your truly treated as if your the only guests on board, you won't regret spending the extra cash (if you can). Especially for DH & I, we travel solo (no kids as yet), so we're able to spoil ourselves now.[/quote]

And let's not forget reserved deck chairs at the pool and reserved seats at the shows too. ;) The latest perks to be added to the list.

[quote name='archyboy6']D7 Deck 11, we like to see the ocean when we sail. Also I woul dnever book a BW or CP cabin. I do not think that these will be very popular JHMO I can not immagian being on a cruise ship and paying for a balcony that does not over look the sea...that is just CrAzY!!!!:eek:[/quote]

You cannot imagine it 'cause there are no balconies that don't overlook the ocean! That's what makes the CP or BW balconies so unique! It goes with the "been there, done that" idea. Have you ever tried to "people watch" on your OV balcony while at sea? Well, I'll be able to!:p :p

Archived