Serenade..JS aft cabin 1100

sgttami

I've been on Serenade/Radiance three times and have always booked cabin 9078 (the hump). (D1)

For next year, I booked JS 1100 aft (Serenade from San Juan)...for the Caribbean itinerary. 9078 was available for the sailing but I like the bigger cabin after being "spoiled " with a JS on the Explorer.

I've only had one aft before and that was an Owners Suite on Empress. I loved it.

Just looking for someone who has had this cabin and can give some feedback. I know it's a haul to the elevators but that's OK!!

Thanks...

Pam

You will LOVE it! My husband and I had JS 1100 on the Serenade to Alaska in May, 2007 and really enjoyed the cabin and extra large balcony! I never worry about the walk. The Serenade isn't a mega-ship so the walk isn't really that long. Great way to burn some calories. Enjoy the room!

I've been on Serenade/Radiance three times and have always booked cabin 9078 (the hump). (D1)

For next year, I booked JS 1100 aft (Serenade from San Juan)...for the Caribbean itinerary. 9078 was available for the sailing but I like the bigger cabin after being "spoiled " with a JS on the Explorer.

I've only had one aft before and that was an Owners Suite on Empress. I loved it.

Just looking for someone who has had this cabin and can give some feedback. I know it's a haul to the elevators but that's OK!!

Thanks...

Pam

We had JS 1100 on the Jewel last summer to the Baltics - just loved it - the larger balcony and the fact that you can see all around - would certainly reserve this JS above any other one.

Thanks...

Pam

Hello,

I just saw your post, and we too are booked on Serenade of the Seas Cabin 9078. This is a hump cabin? Is the balcony larger than the other D1 cabins? Is this cabin quiet or noisy, and does cigarette smoke catch onto the balcony since we are down wind when sailing??? Very curious to what your comments are on this cabin. ( This is the guarantee cabin that was assigned to us )

Thanks!

Hello,

I just saw your post, and we too are booked on Serenade of the Seas Cabin 9078. This is a hump cabin? Is the balcony larger than the other D1 cabins? Is this cabin quiet or noisy, and does cigarette smoke catch onto the balcony since we are down wind when sailing??? Very curious to what your comments are on this cabin. ( This is the guarantee cabin that was assigned to us )

Thanks!

Yes, the 9078 balcony is quite big compared to the other DI's. It had two loungers and a table and two chairs and we still had plenty of room.

The cabin was very quiet and convenient to the elevators. It is also right near the library. We were surprised one morning when we walked outside the cabin and there were a lot of people gathered there talking. We never heard a sound!!

Never noticed cigarette smoke coming from any other balcony.

The first time I sailed in 9078, Serenade was brand new. We were on the second sailing (Canada/New England). Then we did the Radiance, Western Caribbean and the last time was Alaska and it was a perfect balcony to sit and watch the beautiful scenery. I almost booked it again but decided to do the JS this time around. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Thanks for the comments on 1100. I'm really glad I booked it...

Yes, the 9078 balcony is quite big compared to the other DI's. It had two loungers and a table and two chairs and we still had plenty of room.

The cabin was very quiet and convenient to the elevators. It is also right near the library. We were surprised one morning when we walked outside the cabin and there were a lot of people gathered there talking. We never heard a sound!!

Never noticed cigarette smoke coming from any other balcony.

The first time I sailed in 9078, Serenade was brand new. We were on the second sailing (Canada/New England). Then we did the Radiance, Western Caribbean and the last time was Alaska and it was a perfect balcony to sit and watch the beautiful scenery. I almost booked it again but decided to do the JS this time around. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Thanks for the comments on 1100. I'm really glad I booked it...

Thank you so much for all the great info! I was worried about the cabin being noisy and the smell of smoke. I am so relieved that this is a really great cabin!!

It sounds like you are really going to enjoy your JR Suite. Someday, we will book a JS, but for now the D1 cat is great for us. Also this will be our first hump cabin!

Archived