"Cabana Boys" (or bar service) at Half Moon Cay???

wilsonzoo

You only get a cabana boy if you buy the Butler package. Then that person is a butler, not a cabana boy:D

We noticed bar servers on the beach, but they seemed pretty infrequent. We were in Cabana #6, so a little way down the beach, but not too far. Of course, our butlers were quenching our thirst very well, so we weren't looking for the bar servers very seriously:D :D !!

We didn't get one with our cabana. :(
hmmmmmmmm so you didn't get lunch served to you ???? Guys didn't stop by for drink orders ????

They didn't have one cabana boy for each cabana but 1 for every 3 before. Now I'm hearing none at all :( Not smart HAL!!!!

Possibly some of the responses are from people who have been on Carnival ships? As far as I know, there is no "butler" package through Carnival, just rental of the cabana. But then, I don't spend the money for a cabana. I'm happy there under a clamshell with an occasional drink server passing my way!

hmmmmmmmm so you didn't get lunch served to you ????
Nope, other than the food that came with the cabana, we had to go get what we wanted from the BBQ

Guys didn't stop by for drink orders ????
UH, nope. Didn't see any, but then I wasn't really looking for one either.

hmmmmmmmm so you didn't get lunch served to you ???? Guys didn't stop by for drink orders ????

They didn't have one cabana boy for each cabana but 1 for every 3 before. Now I'm hearing none at all :( Not smart HAL!!!!

We visited HMC in Feb. of 2007 and by that time they'd done away with the cabana boys. They may have someone who comes by to take drink orders, but I didn't see anyone doing this.

After looking at your pictures (wonderful, by the way), we decided we'd just have the cabana guy run and get our BBQ lunch and drinks...but then I read here that they stopped this practice, so we booked a butler. I honestly think this is what HAL is trying to accomplish. They want you to book the butler package. I didn't really want to walk back and forth to get food and drinks, so HAL's plan worked on us. I could be wrong on this, but we did book the butler specifically because there weren't any cabana boys.

At any rate, it was a wonderful experience! We loved HMC. :)

Archived