Jolly Pirates

mnsawyer

Anyone done one of their tours? Have checked out the website and it looks like a lot of fun. Also, what about Moomba Beach (where you go to get to the Jolly Pirates) - looks like fun too...beach, snacks, water sports, etc. Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Mary

Bon dia!

Yes, here I am.

My email address is; [email]jollypirates@setarnet.aw[/email]
Our website is: [url]www.jollypirates.com[/url]

Our Jolly Pirate trips depart from the MooMba beach Bar. This is apprx a 10 minute ride and a $10 cab fare (per cab) from the Cruise Ship Terminal. The main bus terminal is directly outside of the Cruise Ship Terminal. The bus fare is $1.25 each way and per person. If you take the bus, you would pass by all of the high rise hotels and jump off at Holiday Inn. From here you wld walk through the lobby and onto the beach. When you're facing the ocean, walk to the right and you will see the large palapas of MooMba. We greet our guests in the bar area.

For $3 you can rent a lounge chair and play on the beach at MooMba all day. If you plan on having breakfast or lunch etc, the chair is complimentary. Also avail are rafts and kayaks and a trampoline in the water. They can also arrange watersports nearby as well.

Sunny regards,

Jolly

We did the Jolly Pirates excursion last August. We had lots of fun. They take you to 3 different snorkel sites, feed you a yummy lunch, and give you all you can drink of Pirates Poison.
The water was pretty rough out by the Antilla shipwreck, but other than that, we had the best time. Although, I personally didn't use the Pirate swing that they have, it looked like lots of fun.

I did this excursion in March in Aruba. It is a lot of fun. The first snorkel stop is great for beginners; the Antilla snorkel site was a bit rough but the view was incredible. I have never seen so many fish in one spot. The lunch that was served was delicious and the bar never closed. The young men who sail the boat were extremely helpful and a lot of fun. I would highly recommend it.

NoVa Mimi,
The boat is full, but definately not crowded. It's not a "Booze cruise", but you can partake of all the booze you want. I think it's because a lot of families do this excursion, so it keeps away all the "Rowdies". I took my 7 year old son and he liked it. THe first snorkel stop, he was able to do it with no problem. But the other 2 stops, he decided to stay on the boat with grandma. But he still really enjoyed it. Your teen would probably really love the Swing.

Archived