Beware QM2 cabins on Deck 6- 6206

bonni99

• 3 weeks later...

We are not sailing until the 2009 Labor Day 4-night cruise, but we opted for Deck 4 (would have preferred Deck 5, but the available cabins were too forward or aft). We are mid-ships (starboard) and, from what I can tell, we are over the Champagne Bar. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will assume (always a dangerous stance to take, I know) the patrons are probably not quite as lively as those in the disco. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Just a pre warning to light sleepers- we were in room 6206 for our Mediterranean cruise on the QM2 10-21 September and the room we were allocated to was very noisy! It is directly under the Kings court, and seemingly the kitchen itself as we were woken up on two mornings at around 5am and then there was noise throughout the day. We had the assistant pursar come to our room and we were eventually moved the next day- I think we were lucky to be moved though as the cruise was very full! be careful though- as the noise can be very distracting and even the pursar admitted there were a few design flaws when it comes to rooms!

Don't avoid all deck 6!.We did an Eastbound TA in September in stateroom 6039 and it was near perfect. Just a few steps away from the 'D' stairwell/lifts (elevators), [but far enough that we could not hear the 'dings'], and exit to the promenade deck. Very little traffic going past our door and only the occasional thump above,(deck7) which may have been the crew working in the early morning.

Easy 'journey' down to the computer use/learning area, short trip to the library, bridge almost directly above (3 decks), convenient for Kings court and Canyon ranch. 3 decks below a fairly quiet laundry room (deck 10) Also meant a nice relaxed stroll at the end of the day back from the Ballroom about 2/3rd's the length of the ship back to our room. Funny, we always seemed to go back, well, forward, via Kings Court where we usually found something for supper (we had first sitting in Brittania), we might even request the same room on any future sailings.

gunther knows anything is possible. Just look at your portfolio. So let's do a, "What if". What if the cunard line puts together a super heavyweight cruise for fans of American fast food? And what if these quarter-ton burger lovers choose to jog on deck 7 en masse while you try to sleep on deck 6. that could pose a problem of titantic proportions. Let the cruiser beware! gunther

Just off QM2 today- had 6178- I never heard any noise from any direction- only heard one jogger for two seconds on the last but one day. Quietest room I've ever had on any ship.

I agree. We got off on the 22nd after having 6290 for the TA. Two problems though. The interconnecting door was one. The chap next door had an old fashioned bell alarm clock. It went off, waking me. Then he went to the shower, then his phone would go off. Ho-hum, I will not book another cabin with interconnecting doors.

The other problem was the last night. When the engines powered down as the ship entered the Solent, I woke up. So, I was woken by quiet!

J

QE2fan - I just looked at the deck plan and I don't see any connecting doors anywhere near 5171. However, it appears that these inside rooms are next to a large white space - could be a service area? Does anyone know if this is noisy, as I will be in 5191 in December. Thanks!

The interconnecting doors are generally on the outside cabins, so you will not have to worry about that.

As for the white space, I believe that is a stairway for the crew. Noise should not be a problem.

I would love to get a deck plan that actually tells me what is in the white spaces!

The interconnecting doors are generally on the outside cabins, so you will not have to worry about that.

As for the white space, I believe that is a stairway for the crew. Noise should not be a problem.

I would love to get a deck plan that actually tells me what is in the white spaces!

There are 7 pairs of inside cabins on deck 6 that interconnect. All are in the for'ard area.

Gari

• 3 years later...

We have just disembarked from QM2 this morning after a 24 night cruise from Singapore to Southampton.

Our first cabin was 6214, the noise was unbearable. The noise was from crockery trolleys wheeled over the tiled floors 24 hours per day on deck 7. We complained and were given a temporary cabin to sleep in only until we reached Dubai. This was cabin 5125 which was great, but we only had this to sleep in. On reaching Dubai we were given cabin 12051 which was very quiet indeed.

Just a pre warning to light sleepers- we were in room 6206 for our Mediterranean cruise on the QM2 10-21 September and the room we were allocated to was very noisy! It is directly under the Kings court, and seemingly the kitchen itself as we were woken up on two mornings at around 5am and then there was noise throughout the day. We had the assistant pursar come to our room and we were eventually moved the next day- I think we were lucky to be moved though as the cruise was very full! be careful though- as the noise can be very distracting and even the pursar admitted there were a few design flaws when it comes to rooms!

Thanks bonnie for the heads up!

Just switched from deck six, down to deck five. Avoided the interconnecting cabins as well. :)

Kel

Archived