How long does it take to get off the boat in port?

snbgcruiser

If you're at one of the two docks [each located several miles apart], not to long after you arrive. If you have to "tender" in [which is unlikely now...since the second/newer pier is expected to fullly reopen within the month] add 1.5 hours to arrrival time.

It has never taken us more than a few minutes to walk off the ship in Cozumel. The one time we had to tender it took us about 15 minutes to get onto tender and over to the pier. Most of the time was waiting for the tender to fill. Now granted, we have never been waiting in line while it docks - we usually watch from our balcony and go down when we see the pax walking down the gangplank. It goes very smoothly and quickly and they usually have two exits in the morning. Excursions usually start 30-45 minutes after docking.

Does anyone know if you can no longer go to the left through the chain link fence, instead of going to the right through the duty free mall? We always go that way, but my Dad said on their last cruise the gate was locked and security was forcing people through the mall.

What boat are you going on? The lifeboat? I've never cruised on a boat before, would love to see it though.

Gosh....that was a tad harsh to a newbie to the boards dontcha think ??

I thought we were here to answer questions and assist, not correct ? :eek:

To the OP..... alot depends on what pier you arrive at. If tendering, you could be lucky and get one of the first tenders and be off quickly... but if not in a rush, take it at your leisurely pace. Contact your tour operator and tell them the ship and sail date and they will help fit you into the correct tour that fits your timeline while in port. Have a GREAT CRUISE and welcome to Cruise Critic... always feel free to ask questions to make your cruise vacation more enjoyable ! :cool:

Gosh....that was a tad harsh to a newbie to the boards dontcha think ??

I thought we were here to answer questions and assist, not correct ? :eek:

To the OP..... alot depends on what pier you arrive at. If tendering, you could be lucky and get one of the first tenders and be off quickly... but if not in a rush, take it at your leisurely pace. Contact your tour operator and tell them the ship and sail date and they will help fit you into the correct tour that fits your timeline while in port. Have a GREAT CRUISE and welcome to Cruise Critic... always feel free to ask questions to make your cruise vacation more enjoyable ! :cool:

Sorry, one of my pet peeves, especially since my husband also calls it a boat. Ticks me off and that's why he does it, makes him sound like a hick.

Sorry, one of my pet peeves, especially since my husband also calls it a boat. Ticks me off and that's why he does it, makes him sound like a hick.

Wow, Sally, I'm not going to say what your reply made you sound like! Glad we're not on the same SHIP if little things like that tick you off. LOL ;)

Does anyone know if you can no longer go to the left through the chain link fence, instead of going to the right through the duty free mall? We always go that way, but my Dad said on their last cruise the gate was locked and security was forcing people through the mall.

No you now have to go through the mall.

Keith

How long does it take to get off the boat in port? If the boat arrives at 10 in Cozumel, how long does it take to actually set foot on Cozumel? I'm trying to schedule my excursion time. Thanks!

It is a ship, not a boat :D sorry, why that bugs me I don't know, but is it just me? Probably, sorry:o

And to answer your question.......we have been to cozumel the past 2 years during spring break on a very full ships and it has never taken us more than about 20 min max to get off the ship....and that was after rounding all of our group together!

What boat are you going on? The lifeboat? I've never cruised on a boat before, would love to see it though.

I was going to say sumpin but it would be so off topic and then that would start a crazy stream of off topic comments and quiete possibly get nasty, and all that, so I will just shut up, move along and tell the OP welcome to CC, it truely is a great thread inspite of our silly pet peeves :D :rolleyes: :p

Archived