August Weather?

Mimi39

We also cruised the Baltic starting the end of August. On our cruise the weather was nice, no rain, but a little cool. I took clothes to layer, a jacket and a travel raincoat and umbrella. You can run into anything, warm, cool, or rain. Right before we leave, I like to check Weather.com for a general idea of the weather in the different ports. But as always, who knows with weather.

Carol

Our recent Baltics cruise left Harwich, England on August 27th. We had a few showers, some wind but mostly great days. Everywhere we went we heard what an unusual summer it had been. We had a lightweight windbreaker, sleeveless fleece vest, knit jacket and umbrella and that took care of any/all weather conditions. Layers are the order of the day and a lightweight backpack will hold whatever you're not wearing.

While in Russia in May, we had a warm sunny day on day 1. Day 2 got us all! Rain, wind, freezing cold! None of us was prepared! The weather looked great from our ship and stayed great until 11 a.m. then it turned stormy. Even our guide was ill-prepared. The driver was prepared; he whipped out his down jacket and umbrella then offered my husband and I his spare umbrella - it saved us! We used it for the wind as well as the rain. One man put a plastic bag over his body, which turned a few heads! I think it was a blue trash can liner! ha ha!

Carry a light pack and keep layers in it. You can always leave the pack in the bus if it stays nice and warm. I just hated knowing that all my wet and cold weather clothes were sitting nicely in our stateroom! Duh!

Archived