Downs Syndrome on 9/14 Miracle

NoobCroozer

Is there anyone here who was a counselor with those beautiful guys on the 9/14 Miracle cruise or know how to contact whoever was in charge? I have a few questions (regarding working with those afflicted). They were awesome (especially John)!

Have you looked on your roll call? Do you know where they lived? Were they living in a group home or just going as friends? If you know where they are from you can contact the local Down Syndrome society.

Have you looked on your roll call? Do you know where they lived? Were they living in a group home or just going as friends? If you know where they are from you can contact the local Down Syndrome society.

For lack of a better way of saying this, I dont want to be insincere, but I did do a search for DS within the Carnival boards and found nothing.....I am also looking into the sites with info on DS, but I am also interested in a couple of the people that I had the pleasure of meeting in Franky + Johnnys on 9/21.

A few years ago, on the Veendam, there was a large group, some 200 or so, from somewhere in Florida...Down's syndrome and other developmentally disabled folks, their trip paid for thanks to their local Rotarians who raised lots of money for these folks and their families. Everyone got in the act, and there was even a volleyball tournament between the special olympians and crew...magnificent!

What a wonderful time they all had!!! I know they had way more fun then me! :)

They were great! We were sitting with a group of 10 in Frankie + Johnnies while Music Unlimited were playing Stairway to Heaven (where are you lollyRN :D ) when they came over to our table....the counselor or whoever was trying to wisk them away as if they were bothering us, which couldnt be farther from the truth (she was nice too btw)....

Is there anyone here who was a counselor with those beautiful guys on the 9/14 Miracle cruise or know how to contact whoever was in charge? I have a few questions (regarding working with those afflicted). They were awesome (especially John)!

You are an amazing individual!

I humbly applaud you!

:)

For lack of a better way of saying this, I dont want to be insincere, but I did do a search for DS within the Carnival boards and found nothing.....I am also looking into the sites with info on DS, but I am also interested in a couple of the people that I had the pleasure of meeting in Franky + Johnnys on 9/21.

Did you look on the disability boards?

Archived