1st pregnancy - what to wear on cruise???

nattie

Hello,

this is my first pregnancy and I am COMPLETELY clueless, so I need some advice from seasoned moms out there :)

I am at 9 weeks now and will be about 19 weeks when I cruise. I have not gained any weight so far and I am size 4 now. My biggest worry is that all my normal cruise closes (yes, it is a separate (well almost) wardrobe :) ) wouldn't fit me at all by then. Any recommendations on what should I purchase for the cruise? Can I do it in advance (i.e. next month) or should I wait until right before we sail? Would I need maternity wear by then? And if so where I can find decent looking stuff? Also, obviously my normal bikinis are out, any suggestion on where I can get attractive bathing suit?

I know this sounds silly, but it is a big worry for me (vain, I know) and last thing I want to do is running around like a mad woman couple days before the cruise and trying to buy clothes appropriate for Southern Caribbean during Thanksgiving/Christmas shopping rush.

Since it's your first pregnancy, it's hard to know how you'll carry. Some women carry into their back so they "show" very little until the very end. Some carry it all out front (like I did). But at 19 weeks, you won't be as big as a barn, but you will at least need some clothes that are elastic waisted and looser fitting tops. Even though I carried all out front, I wasn't in true maternity clothing until about 24-26 weeks.

I tend to think if you wait much longer, you may not find things you would think appropriate for the Caribbean.

Start shopping now for looser things--you want to be comfy! Although, maternity clothes are NOT what they used to be! Pick up a couple tops and a few pair of shorts, if you can still find some! Since it's the end of the season, they may have some clearance items--that would be a good deal, since you won't be wearing "summer" clothes except for this weeks cruise!

Archived