Port Everglades Check-in

Williebill

Have there been any changes for check-in at Port Everglades since 2005? What time will we begin the boarding process?

I believe the terminals doors open at 11 AM and checkin processing begins at 1130 AM ... I suppose it could be later if the ship arrived or gov't- cleared late or if there were any other delays, like outstanding shipboard accounts on the previous sail.

Not much has changed.

You can go through security and check in your luggage around 11 AM. As you enter the terminal, you will be given a number -- then each person in your group will fill out a form ndicating whether or not you have been sick in the last 24 - 48 hours. Then you will check in. Go through security.

Usually numbers start to be called around 11:15 - 11:30.

Get your picture taken.

Scan your ID card as you get on the ship.

Ride the elevator to go to the Lido for lunch.

They will announce around 1 - 1:30 that they cabins are ready.

Not much has changed.

As you enter the terminal, you will be given a number --

Usually numbers start to be called around 11:15 - 11:30.

Hi Krazy Kruizers,

Do they use numbers like the deli at a supermarket? Or is it like embarkation when they call groups of people. Also, do they have priority check in for Suites? If so I am booked in an (SS) category and wonder if that is entitled to priority check in. RCCL, Princess and Norwegian all had priority check in for passengers with suites.

Thanks

What you

Hi Krazy Kruizers,

Do they use numbers like the deli at a supermarket? Or is it like embarkation when they call groups of people. Also, do they have priority check in for Suites? If so I am booked in an (SS) category and wonder if that is entitled to priority check in. RCCL, Princess and Norwegian all had priority check in for passengers with suites.

Thanks

What you

Guests in SS are not entitled to priority checkin. On the Vistas, I believe it is PS thru SC categories who are entitled to priority checkin. On the R and S class, guests in PS and S are entitled to priority checkin.

As to the numbers, I don't recall clearly, but I think it is more like groups rather than the deli scenario.

Hi Krazy Kruizers,

Thanks

What you

HEHE -- love you!! Actually you are given a card about the size of the ID card that has a number on it.

Sorry -- only PS, SA, SB and SC passengers have their own check-in line and have priority check-in.

HEHE -- love you!! Actually you are given a card about the size of the ID card that has a number on it.

Sorry -- only PS, SA, SB and SC passengers have their own check-in line and have priority check-in.

Thanks for the info. I want to get on board early and book a cabana. They are all sold out for pre-ordering them at the 800 number. My Friends got one. We were calling at the exact same time and the agents figured out we were friends and they were sitting next to each other. They were even laughing and racing with each other trying to secure the cabana once the figured out there was only one left and my agent was not fast enough and I lost the cabana. They said try when I get on board. I want to get on board early and see if I can secure one for the week. Knowing the boarding system will make it easier to plan.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I want to get on board early and book a cabana. They are all sold out for pre-ordering them at the 800 number. My Friends got one. We were calling at the exact same time and the agents figured out we were friends and they were sitting next to each other. They were even laughing and racing with each other trying to secure the cabana once the figured out there was only one left and my agent was not fast enough and I lost the cabana. They said try when I get on board. I want to get on board early and see if I can secure one for the week. Knowing the boarding system will make it easier to plan.

Thanks again.

To each his own, but I cannot see the attraction that these cabanas offer! Especially at the price they are asking. It also seems to me that many of the cabanas are on an open deck and would get pretty hot, especially in the Caribbean. What about privacy issues?

To each his own, but I cannot see the attraction that these cabanas offer! Especially at the price they are asking. It also seems to me that many of the cabanas are on an open deck and would get pretty hot, especially in the Caribbean. What about privacy issues?

Yes, you are right about to each his own. It is all about what you find enjoyable. There are things I see people spending money on and I think what a waste, so I can see why one would not feel it is worth the money.

I see so much that these cabanas offer. In the Retreat area, it is $299.00 and for the Lido area it is $199.00 for the week. It is quieter, has more attentive service and more privacy. It has a different food menu and it will be delivered to your cabana. It will be the same cabana every day. Shade is good, especially in the hot Caribbean. The one thing that I felt these ships were missing is the pool side experience that a land based resort offers. The land based resorts that I visit have more room by the pool and feel less crowded. The pool areas on a cruise ship can look like a shopping mall during the holidays with everyone in their underwear. This Retreat area offers a more secluded,less crowded experience than the pool/ fish bowl area. Some people like the crowds and others will pay a little more to get away from them. I am one that thinks it is worth a little more money.

Tom

Archived