OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

I love that Big Sur photo and I love Big Sur!

The photos in here lately have been just wonderful!

I got out today to shoot some flowers:

569415315_7mwPF-L.jpg

569415303_pMHj4-L.jpg

569415324_LK3Eg-L.jpg

WOW!!! Love these photos.These are just perfect and you make them into notecards. You never disappoint mnbruce.

And that Bird from The Roff is amazing...great shot! :D

Bruce,

How do you put the frames on your images? I can only manage to do a single line or shadow, never a matted look.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Juli

Hi Juli,

I use one of my post processing programs. In this case it is Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. It's really simple,it allows you to add as many borders as you like and in any color you chose. I could add frames instead but I just like pulling colors out of the images sometimes.

Beautiful. Really beautiful photos. :)

Mnbruce, Loved your flower pics so much, I had to peek into your Alaskan album. Great job.

Thank you Debathome! I also really enjoyed you slideshow,awesome photos. The weather looked beautiful for your Alaskan cruise,not so nice for ours but it is still beautiful up there. I enjoyed your Vancouver photos also. Any tips for Vancouver? We are going to spend a week there and in Whistler in July.

I use one of my post processing programs. In this case it is Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. It's really simple,it allows you to add as many borders as you like and in any color you chose. I could add frames instead but I just like pulling colors out of the images sometimes.

Thank you Bruce! By going in and doing it that way I'm able to do more than just the preset frames. :D I like your idea of pulling a color out of the image.

Juli

Thank you Bruce! By going in and doing it that way I'm able to do more than just the preset frames. :D I like your idea of pulling a color out of the image.

Juli

Another option would be to use the image itself as part of the border.

This was done in Elements 6.0 with two layers of the same image and the drop-shadow effect. 4-5 minutes and no special plug-ins required:

p764026194-4.jpg

Dave

Thank you guys, yes, we did have lovely weather. Up in the Yukon it got into the high 80's.

In Vancouver we took the double decker tour and then noted the places that we would like to go back and visit a little longer. Granville Island was one of my favorites. Whatever you do, you will enjoy it. Whistler is wondeful although I haven't been there in years. Lucky you!

I just signed on for another cruise in 2011 that leaves L.A. and makes it's way to Vancouver. I can't wait to go back.

Dave, always impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

No fireworks, but we drove home via back roads and passed the

Amboy Shoe Tree on old Route 66. It was 113°, so I didn't spend

A whole lot of time shooting!

p457975834-4.jpg

p177811624-4.jpg

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Dave

WOW!!! Great firework shots. Mine are average compared to everyone who posted their fireworks photo. So beautiful.

Dave, That tree is so strange but very interesting. I like it.

And that bird is amazing Roff, Love it!! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful non-cruise photos. Hope to post a few myself in the coming days.:D

Archived