OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

AlphaKitty, those are great pics, were you in Rodanthe, we enjoy going fishing there at the pier and on the beach.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but we were in Nags head and some were on Okracoke. The pier photos were from Nags Head Fishing pier. Glad you enjoyed them.....thanks. :)

Wow - haven't been on these boards in quite a while (no cruise in my future at this time) but am quite impressed with the pictures. Most of my pictures are on a different computer but here are some Dale Chiluly art in Pittsburgh (Phipps Conservatory):

I love Chihuly ...wonderful shots of his work. I was lucky enough to see an exhibition of his at Rhode Island School of Design in Providence this past January. :)

Some shots of our local National Guard Airshow.

US Navy Blue Angels

IMG_1095.jpg

Local delicacies.

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

You don't see this everyday!

IMG_1075.jpg

The new (and VERY loud) F22 Raptor

IMG_1031.jpg

Nope, just a regular office. :) He is very loved/spoiled but also behaves well for a little puppy, and irresistible.

I work at home most of the time, so our spoiled little lump of fur often shares my "office".

Chloe meets the Lensbaby:

p344323639-4.jpg

Dave

And my one contribution to the flower photos...a Lady Slipper spied on a hike on Cape Cod a couple of years ago.

PICT0109.jpg

Hello Miss Kitty from JimmyJames as he and Buddy Dog looks for a good sunset over the lake.

I love the pet photos:)

Here's another Blue Angels shot. We go to see them at the Naval Academy every year:

2250948590104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

another:

2696119400104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

and my favorite-my kids watching a space shuttle launch:

2404749370104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

WOW!!!! what kind of camera is that and how do you do it? My understanding is you do it while you are taking the picture?

My new camera has a function that I can pick a color and accent it right when I take the picture. Here are a couple of my experiments.

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

WOW!!!! what kind of camera is that and how do you do it? My understanding is you do it while you are taking the picture?

Yep, you do it while you take the picture. There's a special shooting mode for the color accent. You focus on the color that you want and set that, then you can pick the intensity of the color.

Canon Powershot SD890 IS, got a GREAT price on Amazon.I'm loving the camera all around.

Archived