Royal Caribbean - Brisbane

jjanes27

Can anyone tell me if Royal Caribbeans "Rhapsody of the Seas" will provide a shuttle into Brisbane from where we dock. If so, does anyone also have any idea of cost and where they drop you off? Do they just provide one drop off and one pick up back to the ship? We are interested in going to Lone Park Koala Park, but don't know how to get there!

Can anyone tell me if Royal Caribbeans "Rhapsody of the Seas" will provide a shuttle into Brisbane from where we dock. If so, does anyone also have any idea of cost and where they drop you off? Do they just provide one drop off and one pick up back to the ship? We are interested in going to Lone Park Koala Park, but don't know how to get there!

If Rhapsody of the Seas docks at Hamilton wharf, you can catch a public ferry to the city, then catch the Mirimar boat cruise.

www.koala.net gives you transport options to Lone Pine.

This is the nicest way, if timing suits you:

The Mirimar boat cruise departs daily from the Cultural Centre Pontoon (Out the front of the State Library) at 10:00am daily.

The whole cruise takes approximately one and a half hours, arriving at Lone Pine at around 11:20am. The boat departs Lone Pine for the city at 1:30 pm.

On the cruise you can see Brisbane's historic buildings and Indooroopilly Island, one of Australia's largest bat colonies.

pmirimarw.jpgReservations

Phone: 1300 729 742 (24 hours)

e-mail: mirimar@bigpond.net.audocument.write('');//-->

Last Dec on the Rhapsody we docked at Fishermans Island which is a fair distance from the city. However, the Port of Brisbane Corporation provided shuttle buses to and from the city all day long and best of all FREE of charge.

The shuttle buses will take you into the city to a drop off point next to the Myer Centre, this is also the pick up point when returning to the ship.

Here is the link to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

http://www.koala.net/index.htm

Here is the link to Mirimar Cruises which go to Lone Pine

http://www.mirimar.com/daily-cruises.html

From the Myer Centre drop off point it would take you about 20-30 minutes to walk across the Victoria Bridge to the Cultural Centre Pontoon to catch this trip.

Enjoy your trip - hope this helps.

I am also on the Rhapsody and want to go to Lone Pine Kola Sanctuary. I read we could go to Lone Pine by bus. The bus stops at 40 Adelaide St or at Platform B4, Queen St. Bus Station. How far is either one of these two stops from Myer Centre? Is it within walking distances?

Thanks, Sue

I am also on the Rhapsody and want to go to Lone Pine Kola Sanctuary. I read we could go to Lone Pine by bus. The bus stops at 40 Adelaide St or at Platform B4, Queen St. Bus Station. How far is either one of these two stops from Myer Centre? Is it within walking distances?

Thanks, Sue

The Queen St Bus Station is underneath the Myer Centre and Adelaide St is walking distance.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to resurrect this old thread as I want to book the Miramar Cruise to Lone Pine, but am unable to find info on how far the cultural center is from Portside Wharf where we'll be docked. Any info will be appreciated. :D

I'm going to resurrect this old thread as I want to book the Miramar Cruise to Lone Pine, but am unable to find info on how far the cultural center is from Portside Wharf where we'll be docked. Any info will be appreciated. :D

You can catch the ferry from close to Portside Wharf to the Cultural Centre on the Southbank of Brisbane City.

Bretts Wharf to Southbank ferry timetable.

http://download.translink.com.au/maps/100104_ferry.pdf

Archived