Can balcony dividers be removed?

mycruises

Hi again.

Sorry, just thought of another question. If I have two SS cabins next to each other, can the balconies be made into just one balcony by removing a divider?

Thanks,

mycruises

Can they yes, will they, no!

Jancruz1

Not certain about the SS verandahs, but I know for a fact that the 1A's can be folded back to make one larger verandah between two adjoining cabins.

I would suspect that the same is true for the other decks also.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again.

Sorry, just thought of another question. If I have two SS cabins next to each other, can the balconies be made into just one balcony by removing a divider?

Thanks,

mycruises

We just got off the Journey Deck 8) and yes the divider can be folded back. It takes a special tool from the Butler.

Dale Bourette

• 8 months later...

We are just back from the Quest this weekend and we did ask our Butler if he would open our balcony dividers as we are a family travelling with three adjacent staterooms. He said that as they were glass, for safety reasons they could only be opened in port. However when we arrived in port, we noticed that he still hadn't opened them. He said that he had checked with his supervisor and was told it was not possible. That is our experience although I notice from these boards that others have managed to get theirs opened.

• 3 weeks later...

For your Information from the Journey:

On both Quest and Journey the dividers are permanently in a 'locked' position and it takes a special key to open them (kept by Housekeeping) which is done upon request. However, the dividers are only open during port time because none of them have a latch or locking mechanism to keep them in an open position when the ship is at sea and moving.

This is where we currently stand in regards to the dividers. Of course, as with any special circumstance we will try to work with guest to see how best we can accommodate them.

Hope that helps

Jancruz1

Archived