How do you get to the Fish Fry restuarant in Nassau? Help!

misstiffany

I've read such good things about the Fish Fry ( also called Arawak Cay? ), that I've got to check it out while I'm in Nassau. What's the best way to get there from the cruise port? Should I take the Jitney..and if so, what number bus, and I can ask them to take me to a certain place? Or if I take a taxi, will most all drivers know where the Fish Fry is?

I've read such good things about the Fish Fry ( also called Arawak Cay? ), that I've got to check it out while I'm in Nassau. What's the best way to get there from the cruise port? Should I take the Jitney..and if so, what number bus, and I can ask them to take me to a certain place? Or if I take a taxi, will most all drivers know where the Fish Fry is?

I haven't heard about this restaurant. Is it something special?

We always stop at Fish Fry on the back from Cable Beach. #10 Jitney (1.00) will drop you off. There are several restaurants at Fish Fry. If you like Cracked Conch, or Conch Fritters, this is it. The best seafood is here.

Don't forget to have a cold Kalik Beer with it.

Ray

I haven't heard about this restaurant. Is it something special?

the Fish fry or Arawak Cay is a Village of locally owned casual restaurants with local fish, food and culture. It's worth the trip.

Some of the better places to eat at the fish fry are Goldies, Briland Lounge, Seafood Haven and twin Brothers.

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/ArawakCay.html

Here's a menu

http://www.bahamasgp.com/menu-12.html

We were there less than two weeks ago. Loved it!:) We enjoyed our afternoon walk from the ship to Arawak Cay. We enjoyed talking to the local's and watching them bring up the conch into their boat. We walked past all the stands before deciding on Goldies. We had great food at Goldie's and enjoyed walking out on their back porch to watch them bring up conch previously tied together out of the water and remove the fish from the shell to take inside to cook. All the locals there were so friendly and we loved talking to many of them. We hated to leave. After leaving we walked to the jitney stand intending to take the jitney to Cable Beach but a taxi stopped and offered us a ride for the same price and we took him up on his offer. Our time at the Fish Fry was definately one of the highlites of our day in Nassau. :)

Scubagirl----I just want to thank you for the many ideas you gave me before my trip to the Bahamas. And about buying groceries and bringing meats with us. We had a great time and your input was a great help. We didn't get to the Fish Fry, but heard many good things about it. Next time we will try one of the eating places. We did go to the Zoo while there and had a fun time. The # 10 Bus was great and we used it a lot.:D Thank YOu, Thank YOU, Thank YOU

We just took the #10 bus as recommended here and went to the gardens and then to Fish Fry. The restaurants open at noon. There was alot of local color and the people were very friendly and interesting. Conch was great. Luckily I knew cracked conch was fried. Fried lightly tho and tender.

• 2 months later...

misstiffany, thanks for asking this question! I asked google the same thing and it sent me here! I'll be heading there on Friday, the 9th, and now I know to take the #10 jitney.

Thanks to oilsand and grandmato4 for their answers. This looks like such a good forum, I joined up.

We just took the #10 bus as recommended here and went to the gardens and then to Fish Fry. The restaurants open at noon. There was alot of local color and the people were very friendly and interesting. Conch was great. Luckily I knew cracked conch was fried. Fried lightly tho and tender.

Nothing open earlier than noon? Ship leaves at 2 PM so it could be tight? Any comments?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Scubagirrl, have you been to Twin Brothers restuarant? Just wondering what your experience has been at that particular restuarant?

I've been to Twin Brothers many time. Food is good, service a bit slow.. but it's par for the bahamas.

We oftentimes sit outside with drinks and appy and just hang out with friends.

I really enjoy Seafood Haven as well.

Here's a menu

http://www.bahamasgp.com/images/menu/twinbros.jpg

Archived