I have a few questions about the Pearl

jor3334

We are leaving on the Pearl this Sun. This is only the second ncl ship we have been on and the other wasn't as new or as large and we were wondering;

1. What are the hours of the pool and hot-tubs? Are there any open late or even 24hrs?

2. How many shows are there on a show night? Early and late, or just one show?

3. Are there any special places that have to be discovered? by that I mean on the Princess "Sea" there was a hot tub in the back of the ship on a higher deck that my wife and I discovered and every night we would go up there and watch the stars. We only saw a few couples up there the whole cruise. I was wondering if the pearl might have a few romantic,unknown spots also.

4. Is the soft ice cream machines avaliable 24 hours or just during meal hours? (my wife made me ask this one). And what is the best non-cover charge resturant? I am surprising my wife with the anniversary package so we will be able to eat in the bistro and I was wondering which other resturant on the ship you would reccommend, that is non-cover charge, for food and atmosphere.

We are leaving on the Pearl this Sun. This is only the second ncl ship we have been on and the other wasn't as new or as large and we were wondering;

1. What are the hours of the pool and hot-tubs? Are there any open late or even 24hrs?

3. Are there any special places that have to be discovered? by that I mean on the Princess "Sea" there was a hot tub in the back of the ship on a higher deck that my wife and I discovered and every night we would go up there and watch the stars. We only saw a few couples up there the whole cruise. I was wondering if the pearl might have a few romantic,unknown spots also.

4. Is the soft ice cream machines avaliable 24 hours or just during meal hours? (my wife made me ask this one). And what is the best non-cover charge resturant? I am surprising my wife with the anniversary package so we will be able to eat in the bistro and I was wondering which other resturant on the ship you would reccommend, that is non-cover charge, for food and atmosphere.[/quot

1. My wife and I leaving Sunday also (2nd time on the Pearl). Outdoor pool was open 8:00AM - 6:00PM. Outdoor Jacuzzis 7:00AM-10:00PM.

2. Two shows. 7:30PM and 9:30PM

3. Don't know. Have to find your own spot.

4. There is hand scooped ice cream 11:00AM - 9:00PM.

5. We enjoyed the Tex-Mex.

The biggest pleasant surprise for the Pearl and Gem is that even when it is chilly outside, it is still comfortable to sit at the outdoors deck behind the buffet because of the covered canopy. Don't know why it works so well, but in Alaska it comes in handy.

Isn't the buffet open 24 hours? If so they had hand scooped and soft ice cream. Also you can order room service for ice cream and request what you would like (soft or hand scooped)

Don't remember the buffet being open 24 hours. The Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours but they don't have ice cream.

Momofmeg, I am sure that would not be a problem. Just ask the gentleman at the Sushi counter, they'll fix him right up! Most of the sushi chefs we've met on NCL ships have been extremely personable, I think they were so lively and entertaining, we really liked sitting a the counter socializing with them.

They have a nice sushi menu, I think my favorite was a dynamite roll (I apologize if my memory has failed me) their Spicy California Rolls were good too.

Momofmeg, I am sure that would not be a problem. Just ask the gentleman at the Sushi counter, they'll fix him right up! Most of the sushi chefs we've met on NCL ships have been extremely personable, I think they were so lively and entertaining, we really liked sitting a the counter socializing with them.

They have a nice sushi menu, I think my favorite was a dynamite roll (I apologize if my memory has failed me) their Spicy California Rolls were good too.

I ask because I am not sure I want to eat there. He wants to go for the sushi. Other cruiselines we have been on (Celebrity and Carnival) will offer sushi sometime during the evening, more as a "nibble" or "munchie," not as a meal.

He would love just to be able to get a California roll every evening, as he has done in the past. If the fee for one California roll was reasonable, he would be happy just to go and buy one roll.

Last time I was there there was a flat fee for all i could eat- but my memory may be fading. The sushi bar is in the Asiancomplex, DH was drinking beera and watching a Miami game with other CC folks and I had a hankering for Dead Raw Fish. I think it was 10 or 15 dollars in DEcember.....

it was very tasty!

Kathy

We were on the 19 day Panamal Canal. Soft serve is in buffet (not open 24 hours) and on back of ship. Every time we walked through my husband got a cone. If we walked slow enough, he could get one in back, be done by the time he was half way through and get another inside. There is a Sushi bar (extra charge). Hardly anyone ate there, so don't know how good it is. Once in a while, you would also see some in the buffet. Our shows were at 7:00 and 9:00. It may be different depending on your sail. Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours a day and we would sometimes order to go and take it to La Cucina at lunch time when we wanted to eat with a big group. They don't serve lunch but are open to sit at their tables. We signed up for the spa pass on the first day and went every day. We enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool, the stone benches and just relaxing together with a great view right above the bridge. Usually there were no more than 5 or 6 people in there. Have fun. It's a beautiful ship. Carol

We were on the 19 day Panamal Canal. Soft serve is in buffet (not open 24 hours) and on back of ship. Every time we walked through my husband got a cone. If we walked slow enough, he could get one in back, be done by the time he was half way through and get another inside. There is a Sushi bar (extra charge). Hardly anyone ate there, so don't know how good it is. Once in a while, you would also see some in the buffet. Our shows were at 7:00 and 9:00. It may be different depending on your sail. Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours a day and we would sometimes order to go and take it to La Cucina at lunch time when we wanted to eat with a big group. They don't serve lunch but are open to sit at their tables. We signed up for the spa pass on the first day and went every day. We enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool, the stone benches and just relaxing together with a great view right above the bridge. Usually there were no more than 5 or 6 people in there. Have fun. It's a beautiful ship. Carol

How much is the spa pass?

4. Is the soft ice cream machines avaliable 24 hours or just during meal hours? (my wife made me ask this one). And what is the best non-cover charge resturant? I am surprising my wife with the anniversary package so we will be able to eat in the bistro and I was wondering which other resturant on the ship you would reccommend, that is non-cover charge, for food and atmosphere.[/quot

1. My wife and I leaving Sunday also (2nd time on the Pearl). Outdoor pool was open 8:00AM - 6:00PM. Outdoor Jacuzzis 7:00AM-10:00PM.

2. Two shows. 7:30PM and 9:30PM

3. Don't know. Have to find your own spot.

4. There is hand scooped ice cream 11:00AM - 9:00PM.

5. We enjoyed the Tex-Mex.

Just got off the the 19 repo cruise from Seattle to Miami.

1. Outdoor pools and jacuzzis open from 7:00 to 10:00 pm.

2. Two main shows, 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm, various other activities such as gameshows, comedians and musicians throughout ship well into the evening.

3. Nothing to reccomend, we had our own balconey and didn't find the need.

4. Don't know what times ice cream available, but my wife was always able to satisfy her cravings for it.

5. If you are looking for non cover charge, it is limited to the various grills, Garden Cafe, Summer Palace (our favourite), Indigo and Blue Lagoon (limited menu, 24 hours a day, always nice for a light meal), and of course the room service is avaiable 24 hours a day as well. We enjoyed everyone one of the extra charge restaurants and seeing as we budgeted for them, was extremely happy. Overall we found the extra cost minimal and well worth it, but absolutely not necessary, more than enough quality food available otherwise.

Archived