Leaving on CB from Ny

Befree

I admit that I'm getting older and perhaps more cantankerous, but I have never understood this need/desire to be first on board, first in line for tender tickets, first in line for debarkation, etc.

Please enlighten me.

Normally Iam not first and generally I do not want to be however I am getting a ride and my have to corrdiating church service for my son who is dropping us off I really didnt feel that I needed to go into details

We arrived at 12:35 or so and it took us 15 minutes to get on the ship. The embarkation is a breeze there, unless there is a problem with the prior cruise. (Which happened on our return - there were problems with the ship causing us to get in late and passengers were still disembarking after 1 PM).

We arrived at 11:15 and was able to pull right up to the curb to hand our luggage over to the porters. We parked the car, breezed through check-in and were among the first people onboard by 11:30.

As for why we felt the need to board so early, well, we paid for that first day, and we wanted to take advantage of it. It's nice to have lunch at the buffet before it gets crowded, and it's also nice to explore the ship while it's relatively empty. It's convenient to be able to check in quickly before the lines start to build.

We arrived at 11:15 and was able to pull right up to the curb to hand our luggage over to the porters. We parked the car, breezed through check-in and were among the first people onboard by 11:30.

As for why we felt the need to board so early, well, we paid for that first day, and we wanted to take advantage of it. It's nice to have lunch at the buffet before it gets crowded, and it's also nice to explore the ship while it's relatively empty. It's convenient to be able to check in quickly before the lines start to build.

I hear ya!! ;)

I had never been "early" before, but planned to be early for our cruise on the CB last week. We were there just after 11, but due to electrical problems that morning, and being tugged into the dock, we were unable to board until after 1. We still were of the first passengers to board. 10-15 minutes after boarding, our travel mate in charge of calling for Chef's Table reservations called, and got the last spots. If we weren't early, we wouldn't have been able to enjoy this marvelous experience. That's my story!;)

Archived