Does Celebrity have TV shows onboard for kids? if so, what (m)

OurDogCisco

shows. I'm interested in sailing the Baltic Cruise in 2010. We've sailed Disney many, many times and I like the entertainment that Disney has for kids. I've already decided all cruises have pools and kids clubs so, the kids would be happy there. I'm interested in finding out what else does Celebrity offer. While we don't intend to watch TV while we cruise however, my kids do like watching one show before they go to bed. Do they offer children programing in Europe? Second, do they offer children movies on sea days in the theater? If you give me specifics like the names of the shows & movies that would be great. Thanks... Tina

I will admit that, from my experience on Century, Celebrity has some of the worst TV programming...ever. I saw, in the course of just 5 days, a total of 3 shows. A Fraiser epsiode about Caviar (Truly one of the only sows I couldn't tolerate), Mork and Mindy (Worse than Fraiser!), and finally, news and sometimes TNT.

But, on the other hand, the TVs do have movies on demand, and there is a pretty large selection (and I'm sure there are some shows you can order).

Just to be safe, in case they don't have movies that interest you, bring some DVDs along.

Have a great cruise.

They had a laminated list of movies in the cabin that your steward could bring you at no charge. We never took advantage of it but I distinctly remember some kid-type movies. But I do not remember much TV selection at all--luckily we're news junkies so we were okay with CNN.

I was on the Millennium in February with my 2 kids, and there was no children's TV programming. On one of the days, they showed "Cars" in the ship's theater, but I do not recall if they showed children's movies on any other days (that title just happened to stick with me, because it is their favorite film). In the Fun Factory, they played "Toy Story 2" once.

Incidentally, I've heard raves about the Baltic cruise. Independently, our waiter and later one of the onboard crew members we dined with at the Captain's table offered it up as their favorite itineraries (and they had been on all of them). My Aunt went on a Royal Caribbean cruise in the Baltic this August and really, really liked it as well.

Not sure how old your kids are (mine are 3 and 5), but I wrote a review of our trip and traveling with kids and talked about some things we liked (and a few things we'll do differently next time) that might be helpful to you. It's on the Millennium member reviews page and is called something like "Eastern Caribbean - Millennium with Children 2/08)."

Have a good time!

I remember some Cartoon Network shows. Some of the cabins have VCR's and I brought tapes in the past for them to watch while we were getting ready for dinner.

The kids program is awesome! So I am sure that it will keep them busy. Plus all the sea air does wonders!

Have fun!

CB

We were on the Millennium this past September and if I remember correctly there were 2 or three cartoon networks. We rarely watched tv, Except when my DH HAD to watch his football, got ESPN and ESPN2!!! WAY to much sports for me!!!

Have a great cruise, whichever line you cruise:D:D

Melody

Archived