Funniest thing in the dining room?

Sea Hag

What was the funniest thing you ever saw or heard in the dining room or buffet? We've seen a few funny things, and I'll bet you all have too.

On a Princess cruise my DH and I were seated at lunch with a pair of older British ladies. Hubby and I ordered a Thai noodle dish with spicy peanut sauce. The ladies said that look good, so they ordered it too. When the orders arrived, they were each topped with a sunny side egg. We waded into ours, since it looked like good eats to us. The ladies sat there looking doubtfully at their lunches. Then one of them said, "Oh, I don't think I can eat this at all. It's looking right at me."

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our assistant waiter spent most of the week picking on my father, who deserved every moment of it. On the last formal night, he put my dad in a headlock and put dessert on his nose! Then he proceeded to feed my mom her dessert. It was a blast watching the interaction and teasing all week.

These are funny! And thanks to the three of you for adding them. I never got any posts to this thread after I added it, and I kinda wondered if it was a lame topic or if others simply hadn't seen anything much at dinner that was funny.

Here's another one that happened to us. We both ordered tuna tartare as an appetizer. The husband of our table mate couple ordered it too. We all got our appetizers, and DH and I started chowing down on ours. The other couple was looking doubtfully at the guy's tartare and whispering to each other. He said, "This is raw!" She replied, "And where's the tartar sauce?" :)

These are funny! And thanks to the three of you for adding them. I never got any posts to this thread after I added it, and I kinda wondered if it was a lame topic or if others simply hadn't seen anything much at dinner that was funny.

Here's another one that happened to us. We both ordered tuna tartare as an appetizer. The husband of our table mate couple ordered it too. We all got our appetizers, and DH and I started chowing down on ours. The other couple was looking doubtfully at the guy's tartare and whispering to each other. He said, "This is raw!" She replied, "And where's the tartar sauce?" :)

LOL that is great. I guess they did not get a description of the food!

The funniest thing I've ever seen was earlier this month on Carnival Spirit and in our own group of friends. It was the last night in the dining room and we were all tipping our great waiter, ODane, a little extra. When he was across the table from us clearing some plates, he had his hands full and our friend tried to hand him some cash, but he had no empty hands, so he said, thanks so much, just drop it in my pocket, only she reached a little too far down into his pocket! Have you ever seen a Jamaican blush? We were all laughing so hard, we had to get up from the table and ODane had to leave the area! It was very funny!

The funniest thing I've ever seen was earlier this month on Carnival Spirit and in our own group of friends. It was the last night in the dining room and we were all tipping our great waiter, ODane, a little extra. When he was across the table from us clearing some plates, he had his hands full and our friend tried to hand him some cash, but he had no empty hands, so he said, thanks so much, just drop it in my pocket, only she reached a little too far down into his pocket! Have you ever seen a Jamaican blush? We were all laughing so hard, we had to get up from the table and ODane had to leave the area! It was very funny!

Okay, this one officially puts you in the lead! Best one yet. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thats cute. LOL :p

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My husband and I were on our first cruise several years ago when at dinner he couldn't decide what dessert to order. My husband and the waiter had been joking back and forth over several days before this. The waiter suggested he try all three. My husband agreed. The waiter made a big show of delivering the dessert tray and waited as my husband started to eat. Only he had removed all the silverware. When DH said something about it , the waiter pulled out a huge serving spoon from his jacket. It was very funny. On the last day we were eating breakfast at the buffet when the dining room waiter came up and asked my husband if he wanted to see a dessert menu. Although we had anytime dining, it seems we were always placed at one of his tables, he helped make our first cruise fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived