Fuel Surcharge Rebate

ICE123

I have a feeling this person knew he/she was going to get slammed when he/she started this thread. Probably sitting back laughing at everyone's replies. How sad!:rolleyes:

What's more sad is all the idiots that responded. What do they care if he tips or not. People need to get a life and worry about themselves. He probably did do just to piss people off and the fools that responded just made his day. I'll worry about wether or not I give a tip and they can worry about wether or not they give tips. Tips are overrated any way.

Loser? exactly the opposite-12 day Med cruise -5 people -2 balcony rooms-probably my 20th cruise. Thanks for all your input. Maybe I shouldnt take it out on the staff-probably not-they do work very hard but I do think the surcharge is a rip-and you are all right -I did know when I booked it-but that doesnt change the fact that oil has been cut in half, and they should do something-it would be good for business-happy customers are return customers! Thats why Southwest Airlines is so successful-they treat people right, and dont gouge when the opportunity arises-and their planes are always full. I too am a successful business owner, who wins awards every year for top quality service-so if anyone thinks I am a loser, or not human, think again....-Ice

Maybe they should have. They just announced a loss for the first time in 17 years.

Maybe they should have. They just announced a loss for the first time in 17 years.

Yeah, but there loses are a lot less than those of Delta, AA, United, or Jet Blue. If you treat people right they come back. When you rip people off and force them to tip they don't come back. Carnival could learn a lesson from Southwest

OMG Do most of yo know how really stupid you sound??? Have you really reread what you have posted???

OP You knew what this post was going to do

Posters You also knew what this post was going to do.

So why reply to it???

Ok I know firefly 333 I know you have told me before that my opinions doesn't count no one will listen to me but at least you will be reading this because you can't resist:p

OMG Do most of yo know how really stupid you sound??? Have you really reread what you have posted???

OP You knew what this post was going to do

Posters You also knew what this post was going to do.

So why reply to it???

Ok I know firefly 333 I know you have told me before that my opinions doesn't count no one will listen to me but at least you will be reading this because you can't resist:p

Iv never told anyone their opinion doesnt count. I may have told them that they cant change anyone else's mind, but that isnt saying everyone's opinion doesn't count. If you are going to paraphase someone at least dont change it and then claim its what they said. Please .... let's not insult each other.

In the first place a 7 day cruise is $63, 8 days is $72, so you are not paying $100, thats a exaggeration.

You booked the cruise knowing there was a fuel surcharge and now want to take it out on a 3rd party because you are renegging on the price you agreed to pay for the cruise?? How old are you?? Its not like you were unaware of the fuel surcharge when you were willing to book the cruise.

Taking it out on a 3rd party is no different than hitting your children because your boss made you mad

Whoa let's not go overboard here. Hitting your children is a lot worse than not tipping a few low level maids and if you can't see that, then may God help you.

Loser? exactly the opposite-12 day Med cruise -5 people -2 balcony rooms-probably my 20th cruise. Thanks for all your input. Maybe I shouldnt take it out on the staff-probably not-they do work very hard but I do think the surcharge is a rip-and you are all right -I did know when I booked it-but that doesnt change the fact that oil has been cut in half, and they should do something-it would be good for business-happy customers are return customers! Thats why Southwest Airlines is so successful-they treat people right, and dont gouge when the opportunity arises-and their planes are always full. I too am a successful business owner, who wins awards every year for top quality service-so if anyone thinks I am a loser, or not human, think again....-Ice

If you didn't like the fuel surcharge you shouldn't have booked the cruise. No one likes it..no one likes how the economy in general is at this time. There are a lot of things not to like right now..including someone who thinks taking tips away from the staff is the proper thing to do in this situation. :rolleyes:

Think about how utterly wrong that is.

Loser? Not human?? Well, personally I don't consider you a winner....jmo

[quote name='ICE123']so-you are all for the fuel surcharge? -or you are just to stupid to realize you are getting took? $500.00 is a lot of money to some people.[/quote]

The hostility and name calling is really not necessary here.

You knew when you booked the cruise that there was a fuel surcharge... You had the choice to book - or not book. It is a lot of extra money tacked on to the price, for sure. You can either afford to cruise or you cannot. To purchase something you can't afford is questionable.

Nobody is "for" the extra cost. It is simply the reality of the times with outrageous fuel prices. Nobody should expect cruise lines, airlines and others to absorb the increases.

As for being "stupid"; I think most people recognize that oil prices have soared..most of us can see it everyday at our local gas station. It makes sense that cruise companies would tag on a surcharge to help defray costs while trying to keep cruise prices level.

If you kept up, you'd know that while oil prices have dropped substantially, the price is still unstable. If you kept up, you'd know that Carnival has published a reduction or elimination of the surcharge relative to lower oil prices. I suggest you spend some time reading about it and cut out the name-calling...which isn't allowed on CC.

As for removing or adjusting the gratuity to the hardworking onboard staff, that's called being a "cheapskate". They have nothing to do with high fuel prices. Again, if you can't afford to cruise, find another more reasonable vacation.

[quote name='halos']Is it just wishful thinking?? I hope they are trolls. It scares me to think they might not be.[/quote]

:( That is a sad thought. It's unfortunate that some people can be very short sighted, or narrowmided.

They are probably the ones that also take the 10 boxes of cereal from the Lido every day to take home with them, like a poster said she witnessed, because they 'desreve it since they paid so much'.

Archived