Connecting Rooms?

ChristinaN

Is it possible to book a guarantee for two connecting rooms? We always enjoy the surprise of a guarantee but this time we will need a connecting room for my MIL who will be accompanying us to take care of our 1 year old occasionally for us. Anyone have any insight?

I doubt that you will be able to do a guarantee and get connecting rooms - if you are referring to the type that has a door inside the cabin going to the next - as the Conquest class has (not sure about others). You can ask for the cabins to be linked together and your chances are better - be it still is risky. In my opinion not may connecting cabins will be left to give out as guarantees since many families go this route and will select those cabins straight up.

I think the poster is referring to cabins that are next to each other.

Guarantees do not gaurantee the cabins next to each other. Although sometimes it does work out that way. one cruise the kids were on the Riveria Deck and we were on the Upper deck. Another time we booked 8 cabins- 2 got upgraded to oceanviews. the rest stayed inside cabins but we were scattered throughout the main deck. If its important that you be side by side- book them that way/ Just make sure both cabins are linked together so you can be having dinner together.

Serene - Were your kids under 25? I read on Carnival's website that if you want to book the kids in a separate cabin, it HAS to be a connecting cabin - unless one person in the cabin is 25 or older.

We're thinking of booking the Victory for May and we want to put the kids (19 and 13) together in their own cabin. I was hoping to book the cabins as guarantees b/c that's usually cheaper.

Thanks.

Serene - Were your kids under 25? I read on Carnival's website that if you want to book the kids in a separate cabin, it HAS to be a connecting cabin - unless one person in the cabin is 25 or older.

We're thinking of booking the Victory for May and we want to put the kids (19 and 13) together in their own cabin. I was hoping to book the cabins as guarantees b/c that's usually cheaper.

Thanks.

Yes, My kids were under 25 at the time - I think the oldest was just 22. But remember that this was back in 2002 and they have changed the rules. What you will do is put you in one cabin with one of those kids and your husband in the other cabin with your other child. Once onboard you just switch up cabins. I dont think you will be able to book the kids in their own cabin.

If you dont mind that your kids will be far from you--(maybe) do the gaurantee. (its not like you are gonna be miles apart) Also I suggest that you dont tell the agent you want the rooms to be close as that may keep you from getting a bigger upgrade. go with the flow. Mkae sure both cabins are linked together so you can eat dinner together.

Archived