New to RCCL

mnsawyer

My husband and I have cruised in the past but on another line. Looking at eastern itineraries for March 2005 on either the Voyager and Explorer. I know that RCCL does not have self-service laundry or irons available. Do they have a run a "special" for laundry during the week? How do you iron your clothes? Bring your own? Also, what about low-carb dining? Looked through some menus and they seem very high in carbs. I thought they were offering more low-carb options or maybe it wasn't RCCL. Also, know that cabins are smaller. What about outside cabins? Are they all on the lower decks?

Any information or advice is appreciated.

As for ironing you can have your clothes pressed for a reasonable price and they are back in 24 hours, but we have never heard of any "specials" on these services. But we have always used them as laundry is the last thing DW wants to do on vacation.

Now as far as low carb goes I am diabetic and have never had a hard time with finding the right foods, you just have to watch what you eat as there are so many temptations, at least in my case :D .

And from what we know "most" of the oceanview staterooms are on the lower decks as the uppers mostly have balcony staterooms

I don't iron or count carbs so I can't help you with those questions but there are a few oceanview non-balcony cabins on decks 6-9. They are located in the very front of the ship and they are usually shapped a little differently because of their location. We have cruised on both Explorer and Voyager and loved them both. Happy planning!

We've always brought our own iron. Never had a problem. As for low carb, hey I'm on a cruise! :-) Usually, though, they have great "light" alternatives. I've even tried them a few times, and they were not without flavor.

You might look at Mariner of the Seas for an Eastern cruise also. She sails out of Port Canaveral, which is convenient to Orlando and the amusement parks there. It's easy to make it a longer vacation if you include those.

Philip

We've never brought an iron on board, but do bring a "wrinkle free" spray with us (we like the Downey brand the best). While it's not as crisp as ironing, it does the trick and takes a lot less time and effort.

I don't count carbs on vacation unless I happen to be reading a beer label :D, and I haven't sailed on either of these two ships, so I can't help there.

I know of a couple of people who had their irons "confiscated" on Voyager (and returned when they disembarked). I prefer FAULTLESS wrinkle remover as it is an aerosol rather than pump dispenser (and they have travel size can). Actually, I haven't touched my iron since I discovered this stuff several months ago:-)

I guess it was because we had the iron in checked luggage that it didn't get confiscated. And it was one of those small, portable, fold-away ones. One of us did use the laundry service, though, for pressing and it was good. It's best to put out ALL the items you want pressed on the first day, so you don't -- like me -- forget about it and then it's too late! :-(

Philip

Archived