Injured on Ship due to Negligence of Ship/Crew? What Happened?

Rowan555

Wow I didn't know that - maybe that is why so many people "accidently" fall overboard ??

Thats exactly why so many people "fall" overboard. There was just a huge article in the Reading Eagle (our local paper) a few weeks ago right before we left, about how the cruise ships are internationally registered and there is basically no laws governing them (note I said basically I guess in some cases there are) and one of the stories was about a rape (Im not sure if it was this one or another one)

I think its ludicrous myself - all those people, all that alcohol, practically no laws? :confused: Makes for a potentially bad situation, thats apparently already come true before.

Oh that dirtbag is guilty.. absolutely. ..but I think at least for public perception there is big difference between being declared innocent vs not guilty.. I think not guilty just means there was not enough (cough choke) evidence.. and innocent means.. innocent..

;) :)

Oh, I agreee,,,,I agreeeeeeee,,,the guy was guilty as sin,,,,but I see what you mean by public perception :) It is absolute JUSTICE that he was found GUILTY of the more recent charges, and I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail,,,

although I think for Ron Goldman's family, and Nicole Brown's family, it has to be a bit of a slap in the face,,,,,,all that evidence, and he is found not guilty,,,,,and eventually he has to spend many years in jail,,,,,,but not for their murders,,

I mean, if it was me, I'd be happy he was going there,,,,,but I'd feel a bit "cheated" that the REASON wasn't that he murdered my child,,,

anyhoo,,,,thanks for pointing out the difference,,,Holly

Oh, I agreee,,,,I agreeeeeeee,,,the guy was guilty as sin,,,,but I see what you mean by public perception :) It is absolute JUSTICE that he was found GUILTY of the more recent charges, and I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail,,,

although I think for Ron Goldman's family, and Nicole Brown's family, it has to be a bit of a slap in the face,,,,,,all that evidence, and he is found not guilty,,,,,and eventually he has to spend many years in jail,,,,,,but not for their murders,,

I mean, if it was me, I'd be happy he was going there,,,,,but I'd feel a bit "cheated" that the REASON wasn't that he murdered my child,,,

anyhoo,,,,thanks for pointing out the difference,,,Holly

I am with you ! I agree!

My friend fell on another cruiseline last summer, and as a result of her injuries, lost her leg a few weeks ago. They refused to give her the medical records when they asked for them before leaving the ship in home port. I think it is standard practice for them not to give copies, just in case they could be held liable for anything listed in there. They also did not reverse the charges on her bill. Go figure! Anyway, it has been a long road so far for her. Hope your friend is OK.

this "other person" needs a lawyer, no a cruise board.....i will risk assuming that each and every incident that happens on any cruise ship will dpend on what happened and how.....ie, crew left dangerous items on deck but it was a restricted area or clearly signed.....its easy to get generalities and rile people up but all you will get is opinions......if its that "serious" and will require an extended leave from work then its a lawyer needed not cruisecritic...JMOH

My friend fell on another cruiseline last summer, and as a result of her injuries, lost her leg a few weeks ago. They refused to give her the medical records when they asked for them before leaving the ship in home port. I think it is standard practice for them not to give copies, just in case they could be held liable for anything listed in there. They also did not reverse the charges on her bill. Go figure! Anyway, it has been a long road so far for her. Hope your friend is OK.

OMG, I am so sorry for your friend,,,I hope she got herself a good lawyer,,,I am, personally, not fond of being over litigious, but in this circumstance, this is exactly what law suits were intended for!!!! Unfortunately, people who really deserve compensation sometimes don't get it because of others who sue for every little thing,,,I think sometimes juries just aren't sympathetic anymore,,,,,,but in her case? a lost LEG? God, I hope she got herself a good lawyer,,,,,or gets one soon! Holly

Actually Dan, there was plenty of evidence (no memory of it occuring/vaginal tears/emotional trauma) but the FBI still declined to prosecute.

The reasons for going after the cruiseline was the way they handled the case as if it was the girl's fault, not doing a rape kit, not preserving the crime scene, not reporting the crime.

Dave

OMG!!! Is that called denial.....:confused: ......:eek: .....:(

I am curious to hear stories from people who were injured on a Carnival ship due to negligence of the crew or malfunction of the ship. What was the procedure Carnival took on board, did they give you an incident or medical report to take home, and what compensation did you receive afterwards?

I know someone who had an incident happen, and I'm trying to get an idea of what the "norm" is because it seems that in this case the shipboard staff did not handle it very well. Just not sure what other actions can/should be taken.

Thank you!

Go to cruise bruise to read the good, the bad and the ugly stories. You should find plenty of info there.

Very nice, it has the good mirror housing. Where did you find it?

Dan

..Trying to find photos of spiders for my nephew.. I find a Spyder!

550A Spyder

Love it... OT: Since you are a 'car buff'.. what do you think of the new Chargers?:)

..Trying to find photos of spiders for my nephew.. I find a Spyder!

550A Spyder

Love it... OT: Since you are a 'car buff'.. what do you think of the new Chargers?:)

I have not really looked into the new Chargers, but I imagine they are very similar to the Dodge Magnums which came out before the Chargers. I do know that the Charger R/T and the SR/T have the same 5.7L and 6.4L Hemi engines that the Magnums do. Don't know [or care] about the smaller engine models. I know the Magnum Hemis have the Dodge engine and the rest of the car is all Mercedes Benz. Trans, rear end, and suspension are all out of the M-B 300 wagon. Do not know what the Charger has under the skin other than the same Hemi engines.

I would expect the Hemi Charger to be Great on power and lousy on gas mileage.

Would you believe that my daily driver is a Magnum Hemi? It gets about 13 mpg, TOPS, around town. And around 20 mpg on the hwy. It might get 25 to 27 on a long trip at a little below the speed limit. But I don't remember when I drove at the speed limit. Below the speed limit 4 cylinders shut down and stop burning gas. At or above the speed limit, all 8 are drinking full time. And they only drink mid-grade or premium! I'd guess the Charger to be the same. My old 70 Hemi Cuda' had the 426cid hemi and got 4 MPG!! Didn't seem important with gas below 50 cents a gallon, then the first gas shortage came along. I had to leave the car at a friends gas station every night and walk 15 blocks home so he could fill it up EVERY DAY [after hours] because gas was rationed and even number plates got gas on even days and odds on odd number days but I burned a full tank each day.

I do like the looks of the Charger.

Dan

I have not really looked into the new Chargers, but I imagine they are very similar to the Dodge Magnums which came out before the Chargers. I do know that the Charger R/T and the SR/T have the same 5.7L and 6.4L Hemi engines that the Magnums do. Don't know [or care] about the smaller engine models. I know the Magnum Hemis have the Dodge engine and the rest of the car is all Mercedes Benz. Trans, rear end, and suspension are all out of the M-B 300 wagon. Do not know what the Charger has under the skin other than the same Hemi engines.

I would expect the Hemi Charger to be Great on power and lousy on gas mileage.

Would you believe that my daily driver is a Magnum Hemi? It gets about 13 mpg, TOPS, around town. And around 20 mpg on the hwy. It might get 25 to 27 on a long trip at a little below the speed limit. But I don't remember when I drove at the speed limit. Below the speed limit 4 cylinders shut down and stop burning gas. At or above the speed limit, all 8 are drinking full time. And they only drink mid-grade or premium! I'd guess the Charger to be the same. My old 70 Hemi Cuda' had the 426cid hemi and got 4 MPG!! Didn't seem important with gas below 50 cents a gallon, then the first gas shortage came along. I had to leave the car at a friends gas station every night and walk 15 blocks home so he could fill it up EVERY DAY [after hours] because gas was rationed and even number plates got gas on even days and odds on odd number days but I burned a full tank each day.

I do like the looks of the Charger.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

I love the look too.. Husband wants to take it for test drive to see if he's comfortable in it.. Fortunately we would not be driving it far.. I have a PT Cruiser (love the looks hate the engine.. gerbil power:rolleyes: ).. but I only have to drive a couple miles to the train station..this will be for him!.

Thank you for your opinion!:)

Archived