Rebooking a one way from Barcelona to ORD

Star- Gazer

I booked and paid for 2 business class flights on Lufthansa which is a code shared flight operated by Swiss Air. The flight is on 25 Mar 09 and cost me $ 2688 for each ticket. Lufthansa now lists this flight for $ 2282 due to reduced fuel surcharges. Question fot GreatAm and others, should I rebook now or wait for further price reductions due to economic slow down. All help is apprecited.

I booked and paid for 2 business class flights on Lufthansa which is a code shared flight operated by Swiss Air. The flight is on 25 Mar 09 and cost me $ 2688 for each ticket. Lufthansa now lists this flight for $ 2282 due to reduced fuel surcharges. Question fot GreatAm and others, should I rebook now or wait for further price reductions due to economic slow down. All help is apprecited.

Have you read the "fine print" to see what the change fee is??? Will you get a credit or is it REALLY cash back??? If you get a credit/voucher, will you be able to use it within the time limits (usually a year FROM BOOKING DATE, not flight date). Are there restrictions on rebooking-some airlines state you MUST rebook in the same fare class under EXACTLY the same conditions-ie you see a price on the Lufthansa website. You book it. Then Orbitz/Travelocity/Expedia, etc., etc. has a lower price. Often, a credit is NOT issued due to the restrictions.

Lots of questions you need to figure out BEFORE you try to rebook.

As for whether the price will go lower-my crystal ball is broken today. Sorry!!!

As for whether the price will go lower-my crystal ball is broken today. Sorry!!!

I traded in my crystal ball for a Magic 8-ball. The black color went better with my decor. Checked this morning and got: "Reply hazy, try again". Then I dropped it, and figuring it would be mad at me, I didn't try again. Will wait for tomorrow.....

I see Swiss Air flight LX1953 connecting to Flight LX8 in Business Flex for your dates for $1815.91. This is on Swiss.com. I don't see any flight on Lufthansa.com for your dates from BCN-ORD for only $2282, nor do I see any code shares with Swiss Air. Where are you finding this?

I would certainly be calling on this one.

Thank you 6rugrats for the heads up on Swiss air. I did find the code share flight this morning on Luftansa's usa site. Calling the airline I find I have a fully refundable fare but must cancel and receive a credit on my card in 6-8 weeks. I want this same flight but can't apparantly just get a refund. I guess I should book direct with Swiss Air and wait for the credit.

That savings of $873 each looks pretty good. My only concern is I have no written proof that my present E ticket is fully refundable, only the airline representative saying so after a lengthy hold.

I see Swiss Air flight LX1953 connecting to Flight LX8 in Business Flex for your dates for $1815.91. This is on Swiss.com. I don't see any flight on Lufthansa.com for your dates from BCN-ORD for only $2282, nor do I see any code shares with Swiss Air. Where are you finding this?

I would certainly be calling on this one.

Even using SABRE, I can't see a codeshare. I can see LX1953 to ZRH, then two LH flights connecting in MUC. Even the CHEAPEST LH flight is about $4100 in business one way. LX in business RT is $3300, KLM RT is $2500.

OP,

Where did you purchase the ticket????

That savings of $873 each looks pretty good. My only concern is I have no written proof that my present E ticket is fully refundable, only the airline representative saying so after a lengthy hold.

I don't know what you mean by E ticket; an electronic ticket? If you can look at what fare class this is booked in, you can look up the refund rules for that class.

Yes, it is an electronic ticket that I purchased on line directly from Lufthansa. On rechecking Swiss Air that 1815 was Euros not $.

On the internet, the code share flight on Lufthansa /Swiss disappeared again but on calling Lufthansa I was assured that it was still on and was $ 2302.36 which includes The $20 fee for booking by telephone. I am going to quit while I am still ahead.

Archived