Which ship has the best food?

bigdawg86

I cannot really say that one particuliar ship had better food than the other that I have sailed on.... it can vary week to week on any ship. Food quality is in the eyes of those being served and is all over the board regarding opinions of good vs. not so good :rolleyes:

In your opinion which carnival ship has the best food?

The same menus, made from the same recipes, with ingredients from the same suppliers, are served throughout the fleet. The differences will only be the differences between individuals cooks and chefs. And those should be relatively minor.

Each cruise line has its own menus and recipes determined by the head chef of the line. Each ship serves what he/she has decided they will serve.

Dan

The same menus, made from the same recipes, with ingredients from the same suppliers, are served throughout the fleet. The differences will only be the differences between individuals cooks and chefs. And those should be relatively minor.

Dan

With the same menus you would think the differences would be minor, but I ordered things on the Fantasy that I had on the Holiday, same menu, same item, they did not even look the same. I was amazed at the difference (and not in a good way:rolleyes: )

Best (IMO) so far was the Holiday - best food and best service as well.

With the same menus you would think the differences would be minor, but I ordered things on the Fantasy that I had on the Holiday, same menu, same item, they did not even look the same. I was amazed at the difference (and not in a good way:rolleyes: )

Best (IMO) so far was the Holiday - best food and best service as well.

Having had the privilege, or curse, of extensive travel, I agree with you in part. A dish served in LA can have the same name as a dish served in NY, or London and yet look completely different. And both taste and texture can be different. I have learned to sample the dish in front of me for its own sake, not to compare it to what I had at a different place and time. For example, I have had the best fish and chips I ever had in Santa Monica Ca. and the worst and next worst in London.

Now if it is in the same place and they have changed my favorite dish, THEN, heads must roll!:mad::D

Dan

I've been on the Valor, Conquest, Elation, and the Imagination and the best pizza was on the Elation and the best calzones were on the Valor!!!!! and I thought the food on the Elation in the main dining room was tastier! It was my second cruise so maybe I still in the "excited for the food" mode. The food on the imagination was just OK.

I have been on the Holiday, Conquest, Fantasy, Fascination and the Liberty ~ my vote goes to the Holiday. It was, by far, much better than the others. It may have something to do with it being so much smaller than the others. 2nd best was the Conquest.

I think whatever line or ship you are having a great time on..

If the cruise is great and fun and entertaining.. you wont notice the small things..

That being said.. I would vote Victory.. yes.. my dreaded Victory cruise had awesome food.. Miracle would be a close 2nd!

We have enjoyed our meals on every cruise. As Dan mentioned, the menus and provisions are the same fleet wide. With that in mind the food on two ships stand out in my mind as clearly superior to the others. Tops on my list are the Jubilee followed closely by sister ship Holiday. Our cruises on each were our two shortest, four days each and both ships are much smaller than the others in the fleet. Perhaps the equipment purchased in the 1980's was superior to that used on new ships in the 90's or this decade. In any event both of those old ships rocked when it came to meal time. :)

We've been on the Ecstasy x2, Liberty, Pride and Paradise...all had great dishes, excellent food.

However, the food on the Liberty was consistently great every night! On the Paradise, one night melting cake was almost like choc syrup, next night it was just right..and so forth. No complaints however!!! :D

In your opinion which carnival ship has the best food?

The food can vary from ship to ship and even on the same ship from time to time. That being said, the Triumph. However, I think Carnival has the best food of all the cruise lines I've sailed on so far (five different lines).

Archived