Earliest flight on return......

FunShipAddict

What would be the earliest flight from Tampa airport returning home on Sunday, that we could make without being stessed out. I know in FLL I usually book after 1:00 pm just to be sure - but never cruised out of Tampa, not sure if we could easily make an 11:00 am flight or if that would be pushing it? :confused:

It's definitely a decision you have to make and it really depends on how quickly the ship clears customs. I've sailed out of Tampa twice. Both times, I was off the ship before 8:30 and could have made an 11:00 flight easily. (At that time, I lived in Florida and was driving)

When I sailed out of I was at the airport before I was allowed to check in for my flight at 11. We had to wait about 45 minutes. We were there ridiculously early. I'd go for an 11am flight but that's just me. Of course there are things that *could* happen but it *probably* won't.

Good luck with your decision!

We did self assist last week off the Legend (and we were in the wrong line for self assist which made the process even longer) and were in the airport at Tampa by 8:30. We easily made our 10:30 flight and could have made the 9:45 one, too.

What would be the earliest flight from Tampa airport returning home on Sunday, that we could make without being stessed out. I know in FLL I usually book after 1:00 pm just to be sure - but never cruised out of Tampa, not sure if we could easily make an 11:00 am flight or if that would be pushing it? :confused:

Here, from the horses mouth, (Carnival):

Suggested flights after 1130am.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/pdf/Tampa08.pdf

We just got off the Spirit on 10/27....On our last sea day, there was engine trouble in the middle of the night and they had to stop and repair. We didn't get into San Diego until 10am (3 hrs late). And of course, thanks to the 1/2 dozen non residents who don't show up at immigration and have to be paged 20 times, disembarking didn't start until after 11. It was a pretty slow process, even for the self assist passengers. Many people missed their flights. It's better to be safe, than sorry. Book later, you might have time to kill, but it's better than missing your flight altogether.

Archived