Missed Grand Caymen

rick&james

[quote name='uksimonusa']A Royal Caribbean cruiser here, thinking of trying Carnival and checking out the boards. Couldn't agree with you more, I thought she just posted on the RCI boards, was very suprised to find here comments here as well:([/quote]

well welcome UKS,,,,nice to meet you :) Hope you have a great time on Carnival if you decide to go :) Had fun reading about "Bennie"!!! and checking out his pics,,,that's one well traveled bear :) Holly

[B][I][COLOR=purple]$20 is a very fair gesture. [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=purple]As far as the excursions go, they will refund your S&S for the fees, as LONG AS THEY WERE BOOKED WITH CARNIVAL. I went to Key West on a cruise, and it POURED buckets as we were approaching, and docking. the excursion that I chose was a sunset cruise. Needless to say...the rain let up after about an hour in port. I went to the purser's desk and requested credit. The only thing they could tell me then was that they (Carnival) would have to wait to see if the operators cancelled the excursion before I could get the credit. I was credited the next morning for the excursion. I don't know if this is practice once a ship arrives in port (in this case - docked, not tendered), but I was very happy with the courteous way it was handled.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=purple]This is also why I almost always go through the excursion desk, or prebook with Carnival - easier to get a refund than doing it independently. Also, the fact that if something were to happen to make me late for the ship (while on the tour), the ship would be there, as opposed to trying to find my own way to the next port. The extra money they charge is "Peace of Mind" for me.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=purple]Just my thoughts:cool: [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#800080]Granny[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[quote name='Slimpickins']Even quicker way to ignore is click the persons avatar, then click "add (users name her) to your ignore list". Might be a little quicker way. BTw here is carnivals policy:

If safety, scheduling or other concerns prevent the ship from calling on an alternative port, Carnival shall promptly provide written notice of the elimination of the scheduled port to the guests as well as announcing the change in the Carnival Capers and via the public address system. The written notice shall also offer a shipboard credit of $20.00 (U.S.D.) per person to be reflected on the sail and sign account.

Link:[URL]http://carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Port_Cancellation_Policy.aspx[/URL][/quote]

Seems to me they owe everyone on the ship $20 for missing Galveston. I was on the cruise dumped in New Orleans. We didnt get a dime.

I wrote to them and this came under the heading of "we have the right to change the homeport" apparantly.

Id say the policy is not set in cement. New Orleans to me is a port and we missed coming back to Texas.

[quote name='MandyGirl']I only read the first post and not the entire thread... but my answer...
WOW!! A cruise line gave OBC for missing a port for reasons beyond their control? Didn't happen to me when I missed a port before due to high winds and tendering safety. Passenger safety usually comes first. For weather related decisions, I usually say to take those concerns to the big guy upstairs (and nope, I'm not referring to the CEO of Carnival).[/quote]
We were given $20 Pp because they changed our itinary on the Oct 18th sailingof the Spirit...They completly reversed the order of our ports, but some people on our roll-call did not get the credit on their final sind-n-sail statement....Dennis

[quote name='Slimpickins']Policy says obc of 20 usd. It doesnt say anything about the return port charges. Check my previous post cause it provides link for the full carnival policy.[/quote]

It sounds to me like it's a flat $20, but others on this thread made reference to getting a refund of port fees, which would differ from port to port. Just wondering what others' experience was.

[quote name='KroozNut']Me either <knock on wood> ;) We didn't even realize that it could be such a difficult port during certain times of the year..[/quote]

Neither did I, and we've never missed GC either, but our last tender in to Belize (during December) was pretty crazy. The boat was bouncing all over the place, and it got worse as we got closer to the dock. Once docked, if you can call it that, it was challenging getting off the tender because of all the waves. There were a few folks I wasn't sure were going to be able to make it--the boat crew basically had to lift them up out of the boat and onto the dock when the waves peaked.

If that was an acceptable day to tender in, I don't think I want to experience one of those days where they have to cancel the port stop!

Archived