Has anyone actually TAKEN a Spirit Incentives Cruise??

xo101

I like most others I guess, sat for hours at a time share talk to get this free cruise. I called prior to the talk and asked if any of the cruises went out of Baltimore and I was yes. I get the paperwork after the three hours of listening to the talk and Baltimore is not one of the ports. Can anyone say if you can use this voucher for Baltimore if it is not listed on my paperwork and is it worth while to even attempt the crusise. I have read many negative comments on this company and it appears that I might be as well off just to pay and book my own cruise. Thanks for any input with any dealings with this company.

• 3 months later...

I have taken 3 Spirit Incentives Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston cruises and on my 4th in August. No problems with Spirit...I just follow all directions completely. I have paid extra for a 5 night cruise in January 2010 and it worked out to be 1/2 of what Carnival wanted for the same cruise.

This August cruise is a 4 night cruise and it is like paying buy one get one free cruise fare. I have 2 other Spirit Incentives certificates which I have just mailed my $100 deposit to and hope to go again in December and the other cruise in 2011.

Every time I have gone thru Spirit, I have had no problems but I am flexible with the times that I can go. Just be aware that when they give you the number to call and book the cruise...you have to be ready for any extra payments they will want payment immediately and they will also want you to book it then. Sometimes they offer a completely new date and if you don't take it then you don't get your vacation. Of course, they will send back your deposit but I prefer to take a vacation.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to voice my opinion, but I took the Spirit Incentives cruise with RCCL to the Bahamas. We upgraded to the oceanview room, which was very reasonable. We enjoyed it. I dont know why people talk so bad about it. We didnt have any trouble at all. We got to go in August of this year. It was worth the 90 min presentation at the Silverleaf resort for the cruise...

• 1 month later...

I just paid my $198 deposit and received a message saying "promotion award unable to be used" and "There are not enough valid travel dates available between today and the expiration date of this offer to select the required 3 dates and meet the required terms of participation."

I read the fine print over again and based upon their rule that the 1st date chosen has to be 60 days out, and the next two have to be 30 days apart, that still puts me within the time frame of my certificate (it was given to me 4/23/10). Now that I see the run-around given with the dates, I am really worried that even if I call and complain in order to be able to chose dates, my efforts will be in vain due to them stalling. Yes, I will want a refund of my $$$, but I would rather get the cruise!!! Any suggestions?

Edited by newbiecruiser2011
need more information

• 1 year later...

When I got my travel certificate I was promised the cruise would be on Royal Carribbean. I don't want to come off as a snob but Carnival is NOT RC! I just discovered tonight they are doing this bait and switch. Any ideas on how to get them to give you the RC cruise they promised? I already paid my $100 and put in my 4 hours at the time share place to get the certificate!

I contacted Royal Carribbean and they said they do not work with Spirit Incentives. They told me that I had been "taken". None of the sailings they offer are on dates Royal Carribbean sails. Royal Carribbean DOES sail out of Galveston but they are not offering any cruises that take off on those dates.

As an aside, did a timeshare presentation in Cozumel, Mx during our Freedom cruise, as we wanted the free resort day in return. My DH's first language is Polish. We decided that he would only speak Polish in an attempt to shorten the presentation-I would defer to him as the decision maker. Well I'll be dipped if they didn't pull a 20 something Polish man out of there *%# to give DH the presentation in Polish. You have got to be kidding me?! In Mexico!:D They are good. . .very good!

Ok, that's just awesome ... one of the best time share anecdotes ever ... "Polish? Oh yes ... hang on ... we have a translator for you!"

When I got my travel certificate I was promised the cruise would be on Royal Carribbean. I don't want to come off as a snob but Carnival is NOT RC! I just discovered tonight they are doing this bait and switch. Any ideas on how to get them to give you the RC cruise they promised? I already paid my $100 and put in my 4 hours at the time share place to get the certificate!

You do have that promise in writing I hope. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to chime in, for the benefit of the skeptics. We just returned from our 4 day Cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. The Spirit Incentives promo works for what it is- a highly discounted cruise, but not a free one. For both of us, we shelled out $337 in all. You can definitely get some deals on cruises but the least you can get for this cruise is about $300 per person. So, this is still a very good steal. Spirit incentives works!

• 2 months later...
I just wanted to chime in, for the benefit of the skeptics. We just returned from our 4 day Cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. The Spirit Incentives promo works for what it is- a highly discounted cruise, but not a free one. For both of us, we shelled out $337 in all. You can definitely get some deals on cruises but the least you can get for this cruise is about $300 per person. So, this is still a very good steal. Spirit incentives works!

Hello there...Based on your experience, the 337 you paid was in total for both? or each? we "won' (after one of those long, tedious, boring, pressure, anxiety mood to leave and run silver leaf presentations) one of those 3night cruise to Bahamas, looks like it will be in the Sensation, we really don't plan to make any upgrades, we already sent the 100USD deposit... so besides the 100, we still would need to pay those 337 (aprox) you mention??? as an example?

We really are down thinking this was our opportunity since our last cruise (two years ago on the Dream :) Honey Moon) to go on a cruise, but financially, after we heard we had to pay almost 600bucks... that burst our bubble.. I mean.. 377 sounds reasonable... better than 600... but still we are in the "wth" stage... any advise?:D

Hello there...Based on your experience, the 337 you paid was in total for both? or each? we "won' (after one of those long, tedious, boring, pressure, anxiety mood to leave and run silver leaf presentations) one of those 3night cruise to Bahamas, looks like it will be in the Sensation, we really don't plan to make any upgrades, we already sent the 100USD deposit... so besides the 100, we still would need to pay those 337 (aprox) you mention??? as an example?

We really are down thinking this was our opportunity since our last cruise (two years ago on the Dream :) Honey Moon) to go on a cruise, but financially, after we heard we had to pay almost 600bucks... that burst our bubble.. I mean.. 377 sounds reasonable... better than 600... but still we are in the "wth" stage... any advise?:D

David,

The $337 I mentioned included the initial $100 for each person. As you know, they make you deposit $100 person initially. When you call to make a booking, they will ask you to pay a so-called 'port fee'. I know the actual port fee is much less but just go along with it. So, in all it turned out to me around $337 for both of us together. Still worth it!

• 2 months later...

Hello there. My boyfriend won a 'free' cruise. We just paid our deposit and are going to start choosing our dates. We are taking the cruise that leaves from Florida and goes to the Bahamas. We have never been on a cruise.

We have some questions:

- What do you do all day? We don't drink or gamble. Do they have things to do?

- How small and horrible are the standard rooms you get? I can't believe they would put 2 adults in bunk beds.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Cruising is loads of fun. There is always so much to do that you actually have to decide what to miss! Every morning there is a day-schedule slipped into your room- it has couple games, family games, Vegas-style shows, stand-up comedy shows, movies on the deck, magic shows etc. Not to forget the eating takes up a considerable part of the day. We were first-time cruisers too- we went in Feb 2012 but we liked it so much we are going again in August, paying our own way through. The rooms are definitely small. They are not all bunk beds, though. Try calling the cruise to find more about your room, once you are assigned one. It is small but good enough for 2 people; think 'dorm-room'. Also, just like dorm-rooms, you will hardly be in your room except for coming back to sleep and relax. Have a blast!

Edited by sgrbhtngr

• 3 weeks later...

I've really enjoyed reading everyones experiences with Spirit Incentives. I have a couple of questions/concerns.

(1) I only paid a $100 deposit. Someone else said they paid $100 per person. Have you all paid $100 for a couple or for each person?

(2) Has anyone added family members to the cruise. I want to add my son (in the same stateroom), and Spirit says that's okay. But they refuse to quote me a price until my date is confirmed. They won't even give me an estimate, and they say that I cannot use any of Carnival's incentives or discounts. Any thoughts?

I'm nervious about not getting the first date that I chose because Nov & December dates show that there are premiums of $200 per person...I guess because they are peak months??

• 5 weeks later...
You do have that promise in writing I hope. Good luck.

If you ARE limited to Carnival, just keep an open mind and go enjoy it. I had the same opinion, but booked a Carnival cruise last yeas because of the great deal it was, and we were very pleasantly surprised about how nice the ship was. We had a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

About how long after you chose your dates, did they email you the telephone number to book the cruise? Its been about 2wks for me and I need to know if any of my available dates are open, asap. I need to plan way before 45 days.

About how long after you chose your dates, did they email you the telephone number to book the cruise? Its been about 2wks for me and I need to know if any of my available dates are open, asap. I need to plan way before 45 days.

Well, they emailed me exactly 45 days before my earliest chosen date, as they had promised. However, when they contacted me I requested them to put me on my LAST chosen date so I have time to prepare. They accepted my request and we sailed about 5 months after that.

• 1 month later...
Well, they emailed me exactly 45 days before my earliest chosen date, as they had promised. However, when they contacted me I requested them to put me on my LAST chosen date so I have time to prepare. They accepted my request and we sailed about 5 months after that.

The same for us...waiting is part of the game. This trip is about 13 months after we sat through the presentation. It was brutal but a definite learning experience on this process.

I have only sailed in balcony rooms so this will be my maiden voyage inside, and on Carnival. For only port fees we couldn't pass this up. I'm looking forward to the experience.

As stated before, these promotions are designed to try to up-sell. We held firm. I didn't want them to make more money for what they made us sit through.

We sail next week and ill post an update when we get back.

Insides on Fantasy class I think are very nice..the showers are huge in comparison to newer ships and 1 A's with the bunk still roomy and same bathroom, mine sat 4 ladies on a dinner table impromptu cabin crawl; 2 on bed and 1 on chair and one on stool.....Sarah

Edited by sjn911