Thomson baggage allowance

Oh, I do wish I had some tickets for a Christmas cruise - I bet it's fantastic on board over the festive period. :D

As for your baggage allowance - I'm not sure what to make of that - is it a total for hold and cabin luggage or just your checked-in luggage limit?? :confused: I wouldn't like to advise - it could be a problem if you have 25Kg hold + a flight bag which then exceeds 25. :(

Did you book through an agent or on-line? I think I'd try to get some clarification from someone - but who is another question!!!!

Just one thought - I'd missed the bit about the cabin luggage limit 'cos it was over the next page until I re-read my ticket booklet a bit more carefully - perhaps there's a bit more info somewhere with your tickets.

Anyway, hope you can get a definitive answer to clear up the confusion. :)

(Looking at the smilies I've put in - I wonder if anyone could create a post to include them all - I think there are one or two inventive people on this forum who probably could - but I'll admit defeat before we start!!!! ;) Oops, there's another!!)

I booked in our local Travel Agent First Choice. I asked one consultant and she told me mixed was ok, but I beg to differ on that :)

I will thoroughly look into the small print again on my ticket booklet, but if I keep each to 20kg will be safe :confused:

I have read it may be Christmasy onboard, then again may not. After all some peeps go away Chrimbo to escape the traditon?

Either way I cannot wait - woop woop! ;)

• 1 year later...
Hi I've been reading here about those digital scales (

http://www.homegardenwarehouse.net/gadgets/digital-luggage-scale/ ) according to some of the comments I've read, they're not accurate. Is this true as I'm thinking of getting some?

Hi,

Sorry, I've been unable to get into the link you posted so I don't know which make of balance you are looking at. Ours are Balanzza

http://www.balanzza.co.uk/?gclid=CMa...FQuY1Qod8k6L2w

and we would say they are pretty well spot-on when we compare the weight displayed at check-in with what we thought it was.

We take the scales with us too so we can check our return luggage weights. I know that the total weight of our cases and hand baggage is much the same as the outward journey as we don't tend to buy anything that's heavy whilst we're away - but the distribution of the weight can vary. Now you can't combine the weight of your cases so you could be inside the total allowance for two passengers but one case is over the limit and one well under and in that event, you'd be charged for the xs on the heavier case. (At least if they insist - I know sometimes travellers are lucky and the rules aren't aways rigidly applied but more recently our impression is that the check-in has been much stricter about luggage allowances.)

The balance itself weighs about 0.5Kg which counts against our allowance but we think it's worth making room for it to avoid the xs baggage charges which these days are very expensive.

Pebble. Your cases will fit under the beds, you may have to open them if they are deep.

We have just returned from the Red sea cruise where our allowance was 23kg as specified on our travel documents with 5kg each as hand luggage. There were problems at Sharm airport coming home, people were charged $11 per kg over 23kg, some people started arguing that Thompsons site stated "this that and the other" when the man with the big gun came over to see what the fuss was about they soon paid up. Beware.

Hi, We have just had the tickets for the Canaries cruise flying out with Thomson's. As Phil has said, 23 kg of checked baggage plus ONE small item of hand baggage weighing 5kg. (their capitals on the one).

Berwyn

Isn't it all VERY confusing? :confused: We went on the Black Sea trip on Celebration in October and had an allowance of 23Kg for hold luggage and a further 7Kg for hand luggage making a total of 30Kg.

Why are there these variations? Does it depend on the routes, who you book with, departure airport, type of aircraft, whether you're booked on a two week or one week cruise, which cruise it is? Does everyone on the same cruise have the same allowance?

I know you can book Premium and get extra allowances - but these variations don't seem to relate to that and appear to be very arbitrary. Can anyone make sense of it all?

Isn't it all VERY confusing? :confused: We went on the Black Sea trip on Celebration in October and had an allowance of 23Kg for hold luggage and a further 7Kg for hand luggage making a total of 30Kg.

Why are there these variations? Does it depend on the routes, who you book with, departure airport, type of aircraft, whether you're booked on a two week or one week cruise, which cruise it is? Does everyone on the same cruise have the same allowance?

I know you can book Premium and get extra allowances - but these variations don't seem to relate to that and appear to be very arbitrary. Can anyone make sense of it all?

Hi Kruzseeka and all,

It's not only Thomson's. In June we were told 17kg but Royal Caribbean for our 2 week Med cruise :eek:. But the airline website said 23kg. When I'd rung both up it was the higher ammount.

Berwyn

Archived